Dewalt 20v Cutout Tool

JimboS1ice

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool tool and I'd imagine if there was a receptacle box or can light behind the drywall you can follow the edge and really make a nice straight or circular cut

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea thats typically the way to do it unless your adding, I add boxes for home theater work from time to time so this concerns me a little...

I'm sure you all know you can do so much more then just drywall, think of it has a mini router.  I use mine for sign carving, to carve out the background around letters.

great video Jimbo, I appreciate you sharing all these reviews with the crew.

FYI 

I am giving away the corded version

• Like 2

I'm sure you all know you can do so much more then just drywall, think of it has a mini router.  I use mine for sign carving, to carve out the background around letters.

FYI 

Which reminds me, I gotta get my picture submitted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FYI 

Never thought of that... Hmmmm might have some experimenting to do now that you gave me that idea.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video Jimbo I want to add this to my Arsenal of yellow tools. Is there a way to drill a hole to add a clip to hang it? Really enjoyed watching keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing with the #TIACREW

Sent from a fan of tools with assistance from Siri

Don't see why nit

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice little tool. I feel cleaner cuts would be achieved with something different though 

All the drywall crews I've dealt with and my dad run rotozips (name brand version of this) for doing drywall. It kinda leaves a roughish edge, but everything else does too. Not a big deal once the covers go on. You won't see these being used to cut sheets, that'll always be done with a utility knife and big T-square.

• Like 2

I bought the corded version when it came out years ago. Still had the same depth adjustment, can testify to it's lack of versatility...but my problem with it is that the damn thing breaks bits like they're toothpicks for some reason, and I could never pinpoint why. I've watched pro drywall contractors use the rotozips to cut holes lightning fast all day long on a single bit and I couldn't get 6 Lft without breaking a bit with my dewalt. Slow. Fast. Easy. Hard...just ping, there's another one. It's still sitting in my tool trailer and I haven't used it in probably 5 years.  

Never understood why they couldn't be variable speed as well.