For Protoolnut

Stercorarius

Oh hell ya, that is what I am talking about! I am going to rev that bitch up to 6000 RPM's, Ima going to let the world know I don't give a shit, I am about to get all up into your shit, while I fly past you record speed. Honk honk, get out of the grandmaw, your crushing my vibe. Thats right, I won the race, you puny bitches got nothing on me HAHA.

Seriously though, thanks for sharing, really love that shit. And my Milwaukee cordless drill couldn't start that motor. However, my Milwaukee 8-AMP corded drill probably could start that beast. Afterall, arn't most engine start motors around 8 to 10 amp?

Need the super hole hawg!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Oh hell ya, that is what I am talking about! I am going to rev that bitch up to 6000 RPM's, Ima going to let the world know I don't give a shit, I am about to get all up into your shit, while I fly past you record speed. Honk honk, get out of the grandmaw, your crushing my vibe. Thats right, I won the race, you puny bitches got nothing on me HAHA.

Seriously though, thanks for sharing, really love that shit. And my Milwaukee cordless drill couldn't start that motor. However, my Milwaukee 8-AMP corded drill probably could start that beast. Afterall, arn't most engine start motors around 8 to 10 amp?

The starter for my truck draws 200 amps. No chance for your electric drill. The fumes on that thing look like they might get to ya after a while. I wonder where they are going to put all of the control modules too.

My theory is that they just staged it like that as a gag. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you'd have to put the radiator either underneath or behind the seat and, as NicholasShetley Mentioned, LS motors have a ludicrous amount of electronics so they would probably have to put the electronics under the seat. I'd want some form of ROPS on that thing. The whole drive train on that thing would be ridiculous to figure out. The best method I can think of is a Sasquatch sized centrifugal clutch like they used on the lawn mowers that they race with Kawasaki snowmobile powertrains. For exhaust ID just throw some upside down shorty headers on or do individual pipes. The only simple thing about this build would be the drive-by-wire throttle LS motors have.

straight out pipes would probably offset some kind of censors for improper back pressure......

Crap, you're right, I forgot that I was talking about an LS. These aren't carbbed motors. An O2 sensor sorta is critical to these things. Or would it just use a default mapping without the sensor? I know when Hondas lose connection with the O2 sensor they default to the base Tune that's slightly on the rich side to be safe.

4 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Crap, you're right, I forgot that I was talking about an LS. These aren't carbbed motors. An O2 sensor sorta is critical to these things. Or would it just use a default mapping without the sensor? I know when Hondas lose connection with the O2 sensor they default to the base Tune that's slightly on the rich side to be safe.

If they lost the O2 sensors it would use the MAF sensor and the TP sensor an reference. I'm sure that they can be programmed to work without an O2 sensor because there are a few carberauted intakes out there for them. You still need the electronics for the ignition though