Dewalt high velocity hammers??

mike_dave

Does anyone have a dewalt high velocity hammer?? I've been wanting to buy one for  ages but just have had a hard time justifying it.. Curious of everyone's thoughts on them and if you've had any experience with them.. They go on sale semi regularly around here so if I ever snag one It'll be on sale. Stilettos are just a little too pricey for me ;)

cheers 

• Like 2

Does anyone have a dewalt high velocity hammer?? I've been wanting to buy one for  ages but just have had a hard time justifying it.. Curious of everyone's thoughts on them and if you've had any experience with them.. They go on sale semi regularly around here so if I ever snag one It'll be on sale. Stilettos are just a little too pricey for me [emoji6]

cheers 

I've been looking at those hammers too man. I feel the same way about them and the stilettos. One of the guys that use to help me bought the plain Jain wood handle stiletto hammer. It was nice to use. But not a hundred dollars nice. I would like a honest oppion on the dewalt too if any one has it.

Millerz

My buddy had one I used to make fun of him and call it his purse because it felt very girly. After about 6 months of use one side of the claw end bent up about a 1/2". I can't suggest it. I've gotten way more out out my $8 plumb brand hammer than he got out of a hammer he paid like $40 for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have it and love it. I mean it's a hammer...but I've held dozens of them (except Stiletto, too much money for a banging object of any sort) and this has my favorite grip of any of them. I don't pound nails all day so I can't speak for 6 hours of vibration effects, but as a every day demo/alignment/it's already broke so screw it tool, it's my favorite. 

• Like 1

I have one too. I got it after my Husky head started wobbling more than I was comfy with. I have the flat face 12. It hits hard.

I've done a lot with it both building and destruction and it still works well. I'm not sure how you'd bend a claw but I guess anything is possible.

Dewalt has several of these that look similar but feel very different. I really like mine.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

If you want a light hammer you can get more power out of if need be those are great.  Titanium, high velocity, mig welded... it's all irrelevant marketing; it's a just a longer handle on light hammer.  It's still effective, but nothing magical.

That said, if you really need a heavy hammer, those can't compete with a real 28oz hammer.

I personally like the stanley/bostitch/dewalt hammers for the price because the vibration is pretty minimal for a cheap metal handle hammer.

I have one too. I got it after my Husky head started wobbling more than I was comfy with. I have the flat face 12. It hits hard.

I've done a lot with it both building and destruction and it still works well. I'm not sure how you'd bend a claw but I guess anything is possible.

Dewalt has several of these that look similar but feel very different. I really like mine.

I'm not sure how he did it either I just picked it up one day and like wtf happened to this thing

I'm not sure how he did it either I just picked it up one day and like wtf happened to this thing

That almost seems like a defective thing. Today I even hung off mine trying to remove several spiral nails (220lbs of me + tools and crap) and had nothing happen aside from embarrassment as I was unable to remove a couple nails with my hammer. The only thing I'd like is a side pry thing but I've noticed that the side to side stability when prying might not be the best. All the strength of the hammer is front to back.

• Like 1

My buddy had one I used to make fun of him and call it his purse because it felt very girly. After about 6 months of use one side of the claw end bent up about a 1/2". I can't suggest it. I've gotten way more out out my $8 plumb brand hammer than he got out of a hammer he paid like $40 for

That's what I use too plumb straight claw.

Millerz

I currently have an estwing, but I like the hatchet style handle, and my hammer is a singer which Is really annoying to use. I realize that the high velocity thing is just a marketing ploy. force=mass x acceleration. the lighter mass allows for your higher velocity. I would have to get a smooth face as I don't just frame so the waffle face wouldn't be advantageous for me

5 hours ago, mike_dave said:

I currently have an estwing, but I like the hatchet style handle, and my hammer is a singer which Is really annoying to use. I realize that the high velocity thing is just a marketing ploy. force=mass x acceleration. the lighter mass allows for your higher velocity. I would have to get a smooth face as I don't just frame so the waffle face wouldn't be advantageous for me

Why not get a smooth face and waffle face?  You can never have too many hammers.

• Like 4

The picture posted above is from the nailing hammer...

DWHT51135_1_500X500.jpg

I have 2 and really like them. Straight claws are harder for nail pulling, but aside that it's my go to hammer for everything.

Have it for a couple of years now and hasn't give in at all and it has seen some abuse.

This is the MIG Weld framing hammer

DWHT51138WW_2_500X500.jpg

There's also the One-Piece steel hammers with a side puller...

DWHT51048_2_500X500.jpg

• Like 1