Tool Buying Guide.. (For the Beginner)

comp56

• 4 weeks later...

The guide is excellent. It is helpful to know the basic concepts of tools. But as for me, it would be necessary to make lists of brands for beginners and advanced users. And also lists of manufacturers by price category. I mean, make lists of brands that are recommended. Because not all of them are great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Usually, the power tools shopping is quite complicated as it does not come with essential accessories and you need to purchase them individually. As a result, you end up paying more for a power tool than the sticker price. Thus, you should choose a product that includes all the extra essential items, so you can also get the original price and true cost as same. Some tips for purchase power tools check online like True cost, Cord/Cordless,  Safety measures and Usage etc.

• 2 weeks later...

My .02 cents I would like to add to this topic is that not all of a users purchases need to be cordless.

While it is currently all the rage to be on a cordless battery platform. I see a lot of negative reviews on sites that say such and such a tool is no good due to short battery life. Well, if they buy the lowest brushed entry model with a 1.5/2.0ah battery and no fast charge, what do they expect?

I myself recently flubbed an Angle Grinder  purchase in an effort to be a cool dude with a brushless cordless tool. I have plenty of batteries and fast chargers to keep going, but it’s still a pain to stop and switch after a period of time. Not only was a corded Angle Grinder in order, but I could have saved myself a few dollars on the purchase as well. Because if I have enough electricity to power the 4 chargers to keep the 5 battery rotation going. I have enough electricity to run a cord and save some time, lol.

So my additional .02 cents would be that if the tool you need has a continuous run time, like an angle grinder or sander, go with a corded model and save yourself some time, money, and wear and tear on your batteries. Batteries do in fact have a limit to the number of cycles they can be recharged.