National Plumbers day today

John Glassey

My buddy is a plumber, so I will to send him a message, along with a thank you too all plumbers here at TIA! 

He's actually has a pretty good gig, he works at the airport.  He says it's cool has he doesn't have to deal with retro fitting, and repairing folks shoddy work. 

6 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I like teflon tape, I use it on NPT threads to provent leaks, such as on water conncections, and air connections. I've heard your supposed to use the proper teflon tape for the type of connection you are making, but I use one kind for all and it works just fine.

And then, if you really want to save yourself some trouble, put the tape on, then smear a little pipe sealant on it as well, the two combined really help to seal up water connections, especially plastic to metal threads, and also, will prevent down the road seepage if you've ever seen water deposits on threaded fittings, that's a real slow leak, but evaporates before it can drip. The more you know.....

• Like 4

I learnt just the other day, that when you put plastic compression coupling and metal shut offs together to use Teflon tape and pipe dope on the cold side. They leak every time at both male and female threaded ends.

Millerz

Do you have a picture? I'm curious to know what sort of fittings they look like

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture? I'm curious to know what sort of fittings they look like

I'll look. If not I'll take a pic of one Monday. It's on a trailer I was working on. I can't think of the name of that gray pipe on trailers. Quest. That's it. 3\8. Zoom in on the pick. There about the same as shark bite

9a120e386bc17739de18a4c766b29a55.jpg

Millerz

Ok I think I see it, you had plastic and metal threads together like you were explaining, well, now you know for next time.

Qest pipe is type c pex, which has been banned for quite a few years now, although you can still get the fittings. But even then, they will crack and fail after years

• Like 2