(Chat Room) Band Saw Clinic March 13th

comp56

Hello everyone I will be in the chat room on Sunday March 13th from 1pm to 4pm EST if anyone wants to ask any questions about band saws. I will answer any questions to the best of my ability .....come join the chat room at that time if you are interested....

• Like 3

Crap, I would love to join but I am working, and we are having a major release this weekend so I know I am going to be crushed.  However, I might get lucky and all will go smooth, and I will be able to join.  I just bout the Laguna 1412, and have a question about re-sawing, and also some opinions on blade types (not brands).

Hi Comp,

Although I wasn't on line and didn't notice this until it was too late I do have a question you may be able to answer for me?

I am actually building a wooden band saw at the moment (From Matthias Wandels plans) and am looking on line for a 105 inch blade. 

Below are a few I have found on line. I am in Ireland but seems that I will be ordering from USA as I cant find much over here that is suitable.  I'm looking for two blades one for ripping and the other for fine scrolling work. I haven't figured out what "6h" "10r" "6 skip" "14r" etc means? For example I believe "6h" means 6 teeth per inch but I do not know what the H stands for?

do you reckon any of the below are suitable? what do you think of the brands? im pretty lost when it come to band saws so is there anything else i could be missing?

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 1/4" x .025" x 6H

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 3/16" x .025" x 10R

Details about  Olson Saw 14505 Band Saw Blade, 105" 6 skip

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 1/8" x .025" x 14R

Thanks, Jack.

I really wanted to make it, but like I said it's hell weekend for me, pretty much been working strait through starting Saturday morning at 6am, till Sunday at 10pm, only take a quick nap here and there. Has I am typing this, only cause it's quiet at the moment, has things will start winding down. 

14 minutes ago, jackfinzo said:

Hi Comp,

Although I wasn't on line and didn't notice this until it was too late I do have a question you may be able to answer for me?

I am actually building a wooden band saw at the moment (From Matthias Wandels plans) and am looking on line for a 105 inch blade. 

Below are a few I have found on line. I am in Ireland but seems that I will be ordering from USA as I cant find much over here that is suitable.  I'm looking for two blades one for ripping and the other for fine scrolling work. I haven't figured out what "6h" "10r" "6 skip" "14r" etc means? For example I believe "6h" means 6 teeth per inch but I do not know what the H stands for?

do you reckon any of the below are suitable? what do you think of the brands? im pretty lost when it come to band saws so is there anything else i could be missing?

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 1/4" x .025" x 6H

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 3/16" x .025" x 10R

Details about  Olson Saw 14505 Band Saw Blade, 105" 6 skip

Details about  All Pro Band Saw Blade 105" x 1/8" x .025" x 14R

Thanks, Jack.

can't say anything about the blades as I have never used the brand yes some call it a the hook or TPI I would suggest getting blades local if possible especially the 1/8" one's as they can break on welded area easy and can be rewelded or replaced.

Maybe you can catch up with the ones that couldn't make it with this thread... As for myself, I've used a Delta bandsaw that my brother, my dad and I split three ways buying it, but I haven't used it in 10 years probably, couldn't even tell you how to turn it on, I know next to nothing about them. Also, my son insisted we go outside and throw rocks in the creek, so that's what we did, and I will admit I would choose that over a chat any day. 

• Like 2