"Preview" or "Advanced" options for posts

Kato

I think I mentioned it somewhere around here before, about adding the features to posts that would allow us to review our post before putting it up. This helps me a lot because I like to proofread what I'm posting, I like to make sure photos show as they should, and I like to be able to see how my post looks. Pus, it's a helpful step in posting because if you go off on a tirade it's a good way to -double-check yourself as to whether or not you want to actually post what you just wrote. We all have those moments of mayhem where we want to tear into someone but need that little extra second or two to bring us back to reality.

Thanks

I know you guys brought this up before, but I dropped the ball.  Let me see what can be done because that would be a nice feature.  Are you able to edit your posts?  Let me take a look.  If I can't figure it out, i will open a ticket and see what can be done.  Again sorry for dropping the ball as I know you guys have asked for this before.

OK give it a shot.  I think I have it set up correctly. When you make a post, you should see a link right next to the submit button that says "Preview Post".  This is a plugin and not part of the software.  So if this is something you don't like or want changed, let me know and I can see if I can find a different one.  It's different because it's a popup box, but let me know and I can make changes.  I am sure there are other plugins we can use if you don't like this style.

• Like 1

That works, I think that is an extremely useful function, especially as I'm still getting used to the new format of this forum, but also for a circumstance where certain items might make things different that you wanted it to appear.

Doesn't work for me on Chrome or Firefox. I click the "Preview Post" button and a pop-up shows, the only thing in it is text, trying to add a photo with Flickr code doesn't work, only IMG code works. If I input BBCode it breaks the box, only the title "Preview Post" shows up. Using IMG code doesn't link back to Flickr which is why I prefer BBCode...

Thanks for the efforts guys, I appreciate it a lot. Hopefully something will work. It's not a deal-breaker by any means but I like to preview my posts before I actually post them. And since I post through Flickr BBCode it's gonna make it harder for me to post photos if I want to preview. Like I say, no biggie, I've been fine running without the preview so far. It's more of a "want" than a "need".

• Like 1

Funny, I just went to check the tickets I have opened and they got back to me regarding the preview.  Here is what they said

Hello,
There is no way in which to do this within the IPS4 editor. The reason for this is that the IPS4 editor is true WYSIWYG and therefore where you see it in the editor is essentially its own preview.

If you are not familiar with WYSIWYG, it stands for What You See is What You Get.  So I do understand why they did take it away.  I looked through all the plugins and can't find something that replaces it.  I know IPBoard 4 is new, so it will only be a matter of time before someone develops an add on to counter this.  I checked the current preview options plugins and nothing seems like it will truly work.  

I am sorry, but I will keep checking and hopefully soon, someone will come out with something.  

Once you do make a post, you should be able to edit it.