Another rant S, M, L, XL, XXL

AVS Jrod

Calling into the DP show, most seasoned listeners know to give their rundown. Me? 4'6" , 155 lbs. Those numbers make a lot of people really confused but when they discover I am a little dude power lifter....then things click. Still however, this does not help me at stores, online, or even in vendor contests. No one....and I mean NO ONE stocks or sells decent Size S technical or work gloves. I have to either make do with loose Size M, or step down to some shitty Harbor Freight Size S knit gloves.

Anyone have any leads or know of anything I am missing.

muddywatertatt.jpg

• Like 4

And I thought I had it bad having hands exactly between a Large glove and an XL glove. http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Electric-Cowhide-Pigskin-Worker/dp/B008BJSWA2 These are the best general labor gloves I have ever used and the link is for a small size. They have the dexterity of nitriles and the durability of leather. I would consider them if I were you. What kind of gloves are you looking for? More of like a Jersey glove?

1 hour ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

If your a size 13 shoe, your SOL too Jimbo, thats my brother size right there. I swear its a dam marketing consipiracy, find out what will piss people off, and then go with that. There is another option you may not have considered, contact a name brand glove company, and have them special make you a small size pair. But its going to cost you more to do that, so you might as well order from them the most durable top of the line glove for your size, that way it will last.

What is so hard about finding a size 13 shoe or boot? I usually don't ever have a problem?

d34f6f4bdcdb899de88e279fafa9ed0a.jpg1a5accac59442386208402bf2e15b5df.jpgddc59478e9d136eb54b92c022a5adf97.jpg

I understand having issues finding gloves that fit. About 11 years ago I was drunk and stabbed a steak knife into my work bench. My hand slide down it and I cut both of my tendons at the knuckle. After surgery this is what I ended up with. I can still close my fist so I don't want to have the second surgery to attempt to fix it. Gloves are very fun to get on and off

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was deep frying a turkey so my hands had peanut oil on them too. My wife yelled at me 5 seconds before I cut myself to quit playing with that knife. Boy did I show her!  Now the running joke between me and my friends is "High 4 and a half!"

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of gloves with power tools. They give you a false sense of security. They'll pull your hands into a lot of things. A pair of gloves won't keep a skilsaws from slicing through your hands or a grinder from shaving off your bone. High heat is the only time I'm a fan of gloves. That and inside the back end of cows.

• Like 3

Wow man I got nothing, you have a unique build, I'm on the opposite end if the scale at 6'2" but having longer limbs just means I lose leverage. It would be interesting to know how one would go about getting gloves that size. Its probably like any other retail item out there, carry only the things that sell well, anything else you're going to have to go hunting for

I have 13 shoes, too, always had to order them at Redwing, but I just got used to that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Some of my boots are size 12. Technically, I'm a size 12.5D(In Nike) but go ahead and try to find a store stocking 12.5, 11.5 is the highest half size stores stock unless they're online.

My only issue with gloves is that I'm a size XL but a lot of gloves are too wide, I normally need XL finger and palm length but size L width. Luckily the Mechanix are a little tighter than most gloves so they fit me better than most.

I am right with you on this, Stercorarius, as gloves get in the way with a lot of the stuff I have to do. It is impossible to cut fittings, prep line, and as you mentioned most importantly, get an accurate grip on the tools and materials you are working with.

I just want a decent pair of gloves to get through my standard day to day stuff.

• Like 1

Gloves are one thing.......but work boots and shoe shopping for me is a battle every time. I am on the other end of this where I need a Size 7 wide. Anymore I just go online and am usually pretty lucky at what I can find for quality, style, and functionality.

I used to have really good luck with Redwing Boots, but several years ago they shipped manufacturing overseas and now their styles and quality blows. I just got my first pair of Wolverines to try as a replacement not to long ago and gotta say I am very impressed.

20160317_130738 (1).jpg

• Like 3

I'd love to wear 13s! It's a pain in the ass to find 15 EEEE shoes on the shelf. The wide part is usually the kicker. For gloves I generally need a 3X, but generally I squeeze into 2Xs that are too tight. I'm on the other end of the spectrum but I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2