M12 Screwdriver

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, Dano123 said:

This is on my list. I do a lot of pocket holes and I feel like this would work better than my impact or drill. 

don't think fast enough for that 

20 minutes ago, comp56 said:

don't think fast enough for that 

Fast enough to drive a pocket screw? I use my M18 or M12 fuel drill for drilling the holes, I use either my M18 or M12 fuel impacts or the m12 drill to drive the screws normally. I feel like this could work in tighter spots. Although I do have the right angle drill now too. Too many tools to choose from!

• Like 1

Fast enough to drive a pocket screw? I use my M18 or M12 fuel drill for drilling the holes, I use either my M18 or M12 fuel impacts or the m12 drill to drive the screws normally. I feel like this could work in tighter spots. Although I do have the right angle drill now too. Too many tools to choose from!

Problem is getting the kreg bit into the tool, the amount of weight and length you would gain from addining a chuck would negate the compactness. The kreg bit unless they make one isn't a hex shank. Or are you talking about driving the screws?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit: it's about the same size as the impact.

size difference between the fuel impact and this tool is questionable, however the RPM is very low on the screw driver and would deem it very slow for my liking anyway.....the screwdriver already has a hex quick chuck.

size difference between the fuel impact and this tool is questionable, however the RPM is very low on the screw driver and would deem it very slow for my liking anyway.....the screwdriver already has a hex quick chuck.

Just wasn't sure if he was asking about drilling with the screw driver which you'll need a drill chuck adapter or driving screws with it.

The impact may be slightly shorter with the way the chuck is on it. I'll have to look at them tonight...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking drilling the holes or driving the screws either way the milwaukee screwdriver is a bit slow if you are doing many pockets. To slow for my pace but that is just me.........

• Like 1

I was meaning driving screws, but I am impatient too so if it is that slow I will never use it. I use my impact on speed 2, speed 1 is way too slow for me. As fast as drilling, my Kreg bit has a 1/4 qc end on it. I do have a smooth shank bit as well, they make both

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Dano123 said:

I was meaning driving screws, but I am impatient too so if it is that slow I will never use it. I use my impact on speed 2, speed 1 is way too slow for me. As fast as drilling, my Kreg bit has a 1/4 qc end on it. I do have a smooth shank bit as well, they make both

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ya if you use your m12 fuel on speed 2 and don't like speed 1 then to slow for you too....as I would say pretty close to speed 1 maybe....if I'm using my m12 fuel it is on 2 if I'm using my m18 fuel it is on 2 or 3........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea this is good for low torque stuff like putting outlets in and what not stuff where your impact has too much power

Jimbo

yes it is a great tool but for certain things, and because of it's lower power and speed and size is why my wife takes it .....

• Like 1

yes it is a great tool but for certain things, and because of it's lower power and speed and size is why my wife takes it .....

Reminds me of my fiancée try to kit a 2x4 with my Sawzall... She ended up using the hackzall lol

Jimbo

• Like 2