New tool sightings

jevink

I don't think that it is controlled by DeWalt so much as the guys did it as a courtesy on DeWalt's request. DeWalt is good to the guys and it's only right for them to return the favor. I don't think that they have a problem with posting tool sightings. We could post all we wanted of the fuel nailers. It just becomes an issue when the manufacturer steps in. You can't fault DeWalt for not wanting their prototypes floating around out the.

• Like 1

Yea we can talk about it it's just the picture that they wanted down, like sterco said Dan and Eric have a great relationship with Dewalt and it was the right thing to do, put yourself in their shoes... Some low level intern leaks a product your working in developing and then all your competition gets a hold of it, just a matter of respect here.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Any legitimate forum in any industry, needs to respect the manufacturer's requests. They may even get info early but not be able to talk about it until a certain time. If you don't follow those rules, that manufacturer won't deal with you again. That doesn't just mean an end to giveaways but also any new tool reviews or breaking info when it's ready to be released. This may also put the forum at risk of losing other company's trust. Not respecting these rules is pretty disrespectful towards all the work the admins and moderators have done for this forum to get into the position they've earned. You might not like the rules but you should respect them.

If there's a leak, you can find the info online but there's no reason to bring it to a forum that requests that you don't post it...A forum is privately owned, they can keep you from saying anything they want but our admins and moderators haven't asked much from us. I think they deserve the respect before they have to be put in the position of demanding it to protect their hard work.

• Like 6

Ok here is the deal!   That tool was stolen from DeWALT it is their property.   DeWALT contacted us nicely and asked us to take it down while they investigate which we did.  

We could have told them to pound sand.  However since they support, advertise and we have a signed Embargo agreement with them it is unwise to not to cooperate with them.   We appreciate you guys posting stuff and want you to keep doing it.  (Obviously not with this product) once in a while, Yes it might get pulled down do to agreements with the companies.  We simply do not have huge legal teams and it makes no sense to alienate the companies that support us.  Tools In Action works because we have good relationships with these companies and we respect their agreements.

DeWALT is good to us and I want to keep our relationship in good standing.

Dan

• Like 11

Thanks for understanding guys.  We just want to keep DeWALT and you guys happy!  DeWALT really hooks us up with giveaway tools and truly are one of the best companies to work with.  They do not ask for much so it is the least we can do for them.  We will all find out in June about the new stuff they have coming out.

• Like 8

Man, that has to be a real pain in the arse to have a prototype swiped from you during testing. I would be real hard on the person who was responsible for it, if it were up to me.

I know a few guys that run large forums. If anyone reposted a link or posts a picture that the moderators asked not be posted, it's an instant suspension at best. Most of the time it's an instant ban and they really don't care to hear your reasoning and excuses. I think it was kind of them to explain the situation and just delete the links.

• Like 3