New tool sightings

jevink

Yea in this instance the tool isn't what they're freaking out about here. They aren't the first to market with this exact style of unit so the whole trade secret thing is a bunch of BS on that level. Billy almost always follows what Bobby is doing. Big shocker there.

The secret sauce here is the batteries, which were clearly massive and not something that has been seen before. This is what they're really worried about. (though the pictures were pretty horrible, somebody said something about fans which I didn't see). 

I know for a few tools this battery is worth it (blower, grinder, I'm looking at your thirsty asses) but for 95% of what dewalt has to offer, honsestly there is NO way I'm carrying around that car battery which is sure to cost $200 and take 2 hours to charge. 

Just saying. And clearly Dewalt is listening very intently here since it doesn't take them but a matter of an hour or two to start pounding the freak out button on their keyboards at the sign of any leakage, which is monitored constantly apparently. I'm going to slip on my tinfoil hat now and stand by the window fully loaded and wait for the illuminati to come. 

59587224.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yea in this instance the tool isn't what they're freaking out about here. They aren't the first to market with this exact style of unit so the whole trade secret thing is a bunch of BS on that level. Billy almost always follows what Bobby is doing. Big shocker there.

The secret sauce here is the batteries, which were clearly massive and not something that has been seen before. This is what they're really worried about. (though the pictures were pretty horrible, somebody said something about fans which I didn't see). 

I know for a few tools this battery is worth it (blower, grinder, I'm looking at your thirsty asses) but for 95% of what dewalt has to offer, honsestly there is NO way I'm carrying around that car battery which is sure to cost $200 and take 2 hours to charge. 

Just saying. And clearly Dewalt is listening very intently here since it doesn't take them but a matter of an hour or two to start pounding the freak out button on their keyboards at the sign of any leakage, which is monitored constantly apparently. I'm going to slip on my tinfoil hat now and stand by the window fully loaded and wait for the illuminati to come. 

59587224.jpg

The charger was fan cooled not the battery. The batteries had the vents.  Just like the old 24 volt stuff...

Ohh I didn't even look at the charger close, it seemed to be the same general shape and style of the normal one at my quick scan of the eye. Guess they're producing a rapid charger finally! That right there is some great news, way way better than the battery itself. 

Damn I missed it. I'm completely understand not talking about it and all that. The tools in action reputation with dewalt and all the other brands is that most important thing it's one of the biggest reason all of this is possible. It really sucks I missed the picture or post and now I don't know what we are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think DeWalt was upset about the pic of this new drill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Maybe not. I've seen a few prototypes from DeWalt and they let me take photos of them with no concerns.

They were probably more upset that it was stolen and pawned.

• Like 2

On 24 March 2016 at 3:17 PM, RickyMcGrath said:

Maybe not. I've seen a few prototypes from DeWalt and they let me take photos of them with no concerns.

They were probably more upset that it was stolen and pawned.

I test tools for Dewalt in the UK, and we have to sign NDA's (Non disclosures).. This particular 'episode' is part of a bigger picture which will all become apparent 'soon'... It's not just Dewalt who would be upset at this problem, as any of the Manufacturers would feel the same.. Big Up to TIA for respecting their relationship with Dewalt, and acting accordingly...

The fact that this particular unit hit the headlines and ended up where it did will surely spark some 'reviews' of who, what, when and where... 

This time next year the full picture will become clear.... 'Mum's the Word'.... 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rossi7x said:

I test tools for Dewalt in the UK, and we have to sign NDA's (Non disclosures).. This particular 'episode' is part of a bigger picture which will all become apparent 'soon'... It's not just Dewalt who would be upset at this problem, as any of the Manufacturers would feel the same.. Big Up to TIA for respecting their relationship with Dewalt, and acting accordingly...

The fact that this particular unit hit the headlines and need up where it did will surely spark some 'reviews' of who, what, when and where... 

This time next year the full picture will become clear.... 'Mum's the Word'.... 

...can I get a translator as to what in the hell this guy is getting at? 

14 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

New battery type of some sort and some kick ass tools coming out next year... At least that's what I got out of it.

By type you mean their changing to an alternate battery technology, or just playing catch-up on amp wars? I mean we saw the batteries in the picture but...seemed like an amp deal to me given how colossal the size of the batteries were.