Kobalt tool waranty?

mws_1984

I have this I believe it to be 4 lb sledgehammer(Never weighed it but pretty sure that's the size) I found it on a job site and had used it a few times. Well the other day the head fell right off. It has a fiberglass handle so not like I can exactly repair it. What is the deal with Kobalt hand tools? On the page for that tool on the Lowes site it says Lifetime warranty. So is this basically like Craftsman where I can just go in store find another one and they do a simple exchange? 

If it's covered by Kobalt warranty all you do is walk into the store and go to customer service, they will either have you go get it or will send someone to go get it. I have no idea what their warranty is on sledgehammers.

If it's a lifetime warranty tool, you don't even need a receipt.

On 3/14/2016 at 6:54 AM, mws_1984 said:

I have this I believe it to be 4 lb sledgehammer(Never weighed it but pretty sure that's the size) I found it on a job site and had used it a few times. Well the other day the head fell right off. It has a fiberglass handle so not like I can exactly repair it. What is the deal with Kobalt hand tools? On the page for that tool on the Lowes site it says Lifetime warranty. So is this basically like Craftsman where I can just go in store find another one and they do a simple exchange? 

Did you read the terms and condition of Warranty?