Wow Makita... And you think Milwaukee is bad?

JimboS1ice

fdeac6849eeb9b0f484c28d6a164c8df.jpg

Sweet lights right? You have to buy each light either corded or cordless and then the tripod is extra... So that awesome tripod with two lights has three purchases @ 109 per light plus how much is that tripod?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt realize they are that pricey. I love the idea of it having a cord, so you don't need an extension cord if close to an outlet, like the Milwaukee and Ryobi need to have

Do you have offhand what wattage they are?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I bought one of the lights and really like it. I just wish that they had left the cord off of it and just used a plug connector on it and then mounted the cords on the tripod. That or made a separate model that was cordless only. The light lasts almost all day on low setting as it is.

I know lighting is important and very useful but I just can't get over the price for these these from any company, this Makita set up seems to take the top honor for pricing....

• Like 1

I didn't think the price on the light was too bad and Ive been quite pleased with it.  I don't have the tripod though.

Stand alone the light isn't terrible but put the package together you go some change there

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hemdale said:

I really this Makita light though...I was thinking of buying the Festool light but the tag price really put me off quite a bit.

What do you guys use in terms of jobsite lighting devices ?

I've got two, the Festool Syslite first generation and love it. I also have the Bosch FL12 and love that one too. Plus the magnet on the Bosch is really strong and helps a lot. The nice thing about the Festool is it has an internal battery and comes with an AC charger plus a car charger and you can power it wth the 12,15 and 18v batteries for extra long run time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hemdale said:

I really this Makita light though...I was thinking of buying the Festool light but the tag price really put me off quite a bit.

What do you guys use in terms of jobsite lighting devices ?

I use M12 LED flashlight for a lot of small service jobs. But I'm finding myself using the Ryobi led work lights more and more. I also use the M18 lantern once in awhile. I bought a set of cords dedicated to the Ryobi lights if i'm using them for extended periods of time, otherwise if i just need one area lit for awhile, I'll throw on a battery and take it with me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I've got two, the Festool Syslite first generation and love it. I also have the Bosch FL12 and love that one too. Plus the magnet on the Bosch is really strong and helps a lot. The nice thing about the Festool is it has an internal battery and comes with an AC charger plus a car charger and you can power it wth the 12,15 and 18v batteries for extra long run time.

Thanks Chris,

But I think the tripod thing sometimes really helps.

But do they mount to 2x lumber like my Ryobi?? ?

LOL @ChrisK I had to laugh, I have no knowledge of other lights and their capabilities, I'm just having a good time with this topic and banter ha! I went the cheap route and I'm loving how they work so far, my only concern is longevity, but that's on hold while I enjoy their usefulness. I will check out those two you mentioned, so that I might educate myself further since you went to the effort to pass them along to me!

Ok so i'm trying to figure out how they mount to 2x lumber on their own? Help me with that one? 

Ohhhh okay! No! Unless the 2x is made out of metal ;) Then the Bosch will work just fine! The Syslite has a spinning hook designed to fit over the 2x or screw to a mount. Personally? I wouldn't get the Syslite. Very expensive, great light but it ain't cheap. Super bright, the internal battery lasts a while but with an external battery attached it'll last for a long time. If you're not in the line then the Syslite will be used with an internal battery. However, it comes with an AC charger which doubles as a power cord and of course you can use the light as long as you want! The Bosch? Uses their 12v batteries and the thing last quite a while, has a great light pattern but not nearly as diffused as the Festool which will light up large portions of a room.

• Like 2

Why does this sound like an argument now. If it's not could have fooled me. I got that m18 stand light ya way too expensive at $250 bare light. But on sale and the starter kit for $150 not to bad. Light lasts forever on 5.0 on low Milwaukee now pairing it to the 9.0 for all day runtime on high. I'm sure the battery will cost as much as the light lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Yeah the Festool I bought was $129. The Bosch at the time was $59, though now it could be had for $39 on eBay. I want go with Milwaukee but just because I'm not in the battery line any longer, I wouldn't mind trying the Dewalt stuff but why spend the cash? Especially since I got those friggin awesome shop lights??????

On March 14, 2016 at 6:56 PM, JimboS1ice said:

fdeac6849eeb9b0f484c28d6a164c8df.jpg

Sweet lights right? You have to buy each light either corded or cordless and then the tripod is extra... So that awesome tripod with two lights has three purchases @ 109 per light plus how much is that tripod?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeeeeesh. I thought big red was pricey. Though my Makita tools wouldn't mind being lit up by a big teal light ;)

• Like 1

Why does this sound like an argument now. If it's not could have fooled me. I got that m18 stand light ya way too expensive at $250 bare light. But on sale and the starter kit for $150 not to bad. Light lasts forever on 5.0 on low Milwaukee now pairing it to the 9.0 for all day runtime on high. I'm sure the battery will cost as much as the light lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Nope, just difficult to convey a little razzing through text medium like this, I know practical every light is useful in their own way (even that cheapo "tactical" Chinese junk had some entertainment value ha) I just can't get over how awesome it is to just pop the ryobi light on a floor joist or stud or rafter etc... But that's because it's my work environment, if you're not in a similar situation, it means nothing to you, its unnecessary and you probably won't get excited over it like I am!

I do like the fl12 from what I'm seeing, I just don't have any Bosch cordless so I dont see the same attraction. .. although I guess I could modify the bosch to accept Milwaukee 12v batteries, they are soooo close in size ha

• Like 1