16 members have voted

1. 1. How do You Buy Your Tools

• Save up
    • buy and Sell Used Tools For More Money
    • Use Credit Card and Worry Later
    • Side Job Money Pays for My Tools
    • I don't Buy Tools
    • Work Supplies Tools Don't Have to Buy

Good advice for buying tools and credit card use, it is bad when that reality doesn't hit right away when racking up credit card debt, glad you got that figured out bigMike!

I would be in denial of I said all my tool purchases were smart and thought out, there have been some kick myself moments after the sale, and I could really only turn that around when I had bought the tool at a physical store. I wouldn't feel right returning a web purchase simply from buyers remorse, it was my own fault I didn't see it cheaper at that other site first. .. lesson learned, and it's been awhile since that has happened.

Then there is that one instance I put a bid on an eBay item, just to get a feel for where the current price is sitting at, only to end up winning the auction!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll have you know I only regret my tool decisions as a whole and not individually, and that's only when I sit there and look at my net income for the year, match it up with my tool receipts and bank balance and then compare that to the price of a very lightly used 2008 Silverado.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

First man to be legally married to an impact wrench, congratulations! Now regarding your income, you still have your receipts? :P

Everything for the past year or so of tools (almost all of my tools were purchased in that timeframe)