Never buy hose clamps again

RickyMcGrath

I think this would be an awesome addition to the toolbox in the event you don't have the right size fitting. It's a lot quicker than running to the store and buying the right size. Especially when working on car engines. How many trips to the parts store do we all make when you're in a bind.

1 minute ago, RickyMcGrath said:

I think this would be an awesome addition to the toolbox in the event you don't have the right size fitting. It's a lot quicker than running to the store and buying the right size. Especially when working on car engines. How many trips to the parts store do we all make when you're in a bind.

your right not ruling it out completely but I don't think it is the answer to not having to buy hose clamps again.......like many other tools it would be a god send in a pinch....but then again pantyhose came in handy under the hood of a car at one time.....

One of the big advantages over a hose clamp is these are low profile.  I've actually had to put them in a few times with regular pliers which is pretty obnoxious.  From that experience I can tell you the other pliers based one I posted will give you more tension and hold it longer than this type because of how the ends cross and it will be about as good as a real hose clamp if done properly.  I've seen this type before and they just don't hold tension well enough with the way the ends fold over.

• Like 1