Reclaimed Wood with Meaning.....

comp56

2 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Thats an awesome idea Comp,It's great that your dad was able to pass on to you so many different things,much like mine has.

It's something ive been trying to do with my little ones as much as possible. My kids love building things together and using tools. The Milwaukee wall is awesome!! Well done once again sir.

ya it is great, however the buck stops here or so I thought. I have 3 kids all grown up now 2 girls and a boy, when my son was younger he showed some interest in things like any kid but he lost lots of it when he got a little older the 2 girls went on to have their own careers and so did my son. one afternoon my son and a couple of his buddies were outside building a boat rack and from the window I could hear them talking, I didn't want to go outside as I wanted to see how they did this on their own. I overheard my son explaining how I showed him this and that and this is how they should do it ect ect ......so my point is I thought he lost interest but it was apparent that he took what I showed him in and obviously listened, they built a rock solid boat rack...... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

ya it is great, however the buck stops here or so I thought. I have 3 kids all grown up now 2 girls and a boy, when my son was younger he showed some interest in things like any kid but he lost lots of it when he got a little older the 2 girls went on to have their own careers and so did my son. one afternoon my son and a couple of his buddies were outside building a boat rack and from the window I could hear them talking, I didn't want to go outside as I wanted to see how they did this on their own. I overheard my son explaining how I showed him this and that and this is how they should do it ect ect ......so my point is I thought he lost interest but it was apparent that he took what I showed him in and obviously listened, they built a rock solid boat rack...... 

Thats awesome,as a parent thats what you hope will happen,makes those memories even better.

That is very cool.  I did something similar with a set of cabinets that I took apart that my dad made.  I repurposed the pull handles.  My dad is still alive, but I know he was proud of those cabinets.  They hung in his garage for years and when he pulled them out, they went in my shop for about 10 years.