New Dewalt cordless nailer

ryanbrec

I'm not sure if I missed this at some point but it seems like Dewalt is coming out with a cordless metal connection nailer. We call them hanger nailers as we primarily use them to install joist hangers, but they can install hurricane ties, PWF straps and other metal hangers or connectors. I tried copying a link here but it didn't seem to work, but if you google DCN693B I think sites like Acme Tools come up with it available to order. Cool.

0FD24150-664F-49DD-81B0-1E90374F4BEB.jpg

• Like 1

The framing nailers are complete pieces of shit.

I have 2 dcn692' that we're purchased at the same time in March of last year. I've ran about 12 boxes of nails through the one and 19 through the other ranging from 2 3/8 to 3 1/4 and they've done fairly good untill January of this year when one of them stopped firing the nails in flush... I'm not talking just leaving the head, it was more like 1.5" of the 3" nail was left proud. Took the cap off and immediately noticed the inside is filled with metal shavings, upon closer examination there's 2 magnets to catch all of the debris on the end of return springs. Took it into the local Dewalt service center and got a call the next day that the firing pin was worn out were it contacts the flywheel. When he showed me its completely obvious it's from friction ( metal on metal) and Dewalt knows the pos will fail. If you read the fine print in the Warranty it does in fact say that the firing pin and assembly isn't covered under warranty. Service center in fact said it's a wear item and they've been flooded with them lately. They wanted over 200$ to repair the firing assembly but I declined. I'll add it to the box of busted Dewalt shit in the garage.

The remaining nailer still works but when it fires the entire top cap wobbles and the motor sounds like it has a baseball card on a bicycle tire. It won't be long untill that one shits the bed too.

This entire experience yet proves again why I sold all my 20v garbage 3 or 4 years ago.

Never again will I buy anything cordless from Dewalt. I however have the 780 slider, portable table saw, and portable planner and I'd be lost without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude exactly... The funny thing about the situation is I was going to place an order for the 20v finish gun the same week all this happened, but it's going to have the same design flaws. Those guns definitely don't hold up to how they try to market them...

I'm glad I didn't follow through with any more of their guns with Milwaukee finally debuting their line..I have a feeling they have a similar design to the senco fusion with the nitrogen cylinder.

4 hours ago, Renner_construction said:

The framing nailers are complete pieces of shit.

I have 2 dcn692' that we're purchased at the same time in March of last year. I've ran about 12 boxes of nails through the one and 19 through the other ranging from 2 3/8 to 3 1/4 and they've done fairly good untill January of this year when one of them stopped firing the nails in flush... I'm not talking just leaving the head, it was more like 1.5" of the 3" nail was left proud. Took the cap off and immediately noticed the inside is filled with metal shavings, upon closer examination there's 2 magnets to catch all of the debris on the end of return springs. Took it into the local Dewalt service center and got a call the next day that the firing pin was worn out were it contacts the flywheel. When he showed me its completely obvious it's from friction ( metal on metal) and Dewalt knows the pos will fail. If you read the fine print in the Warranty it does in fact say that the firing pin and assembly isn't covered under warranty. Service center in fact said it's a wear item and they've been flooded with them lately. They wanted over 200$ to repair the firing assembly but I declined. I'll add it to the box of busted Dewalt shit in the garage.

The remaining nailer still works but when it fires the entire top cap wobbles and the motor sounds like it has a baseball card on a bicycle tire. It won't be long untill that one shits the bed too.

This entire experience yet proves again why I sold all my 20v garbage 3 or 4 years ago.

Never again will I buy anything cordless from Dewalt. I however have the 780 slider, portable table saw, and portable planner and I'd be lost without them.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have had. I have sold a lot the cordless framing and finish-nailer and I must say that is the very first time I hear of that problem..! Have you been a Danish customer I would be able to help in some way.. Take contact to your local Dewalt salesman and tell him about your problem.. ?

• Like 2