Hi

well, its official now

DeWALT will launch their cordless premium drill range approx. April 2016

• DCD991
  • DCD996

are the new additions to the family !!

brushless, faster, better "the whole nine yards"

toolguyd.com just confirmed / wrote a post about the new drills

pics , some info about combo kits, etc....

the link has extensive info & specs even pricing

(I still have one big secret)

cheers 

mike

• Like 8

Lacking and disappoint info, gen 2 Milwaukee has 1200 in lbs, hitachi has one near there, Makita is around 1000 lbs and I'm sure metabo is up there as well, I love dewalts compacts but once again they are behind the 8 ball on the big hammer

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rossi7x said:

'That' light is nothing short of Epic... Incredible difference in my opinion.. I have the 2 speed Gen 2 and love it... 

I briefly tested the 791 and loved the light. That worklight mode is awesome. Will have to wait till the gen 2 land here to update my 985. I slacked getting the 995, but I'm happy I did now ;) 

15 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Lacking and disappoint info, gen 2 Milwaukee has 1200 in lbs, hitachi has one near there, Makita is around 1000 lbs and I'm sure metabo is up there as well, I love dewalts compacts but once again they are behind the 8 ball on the big hammer

Jimbo

The Metabo is not rated nearly as high the Makita and Gen2 FUEL and yet is definitely on par with them. Specs are not always a true guide.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DCD996 is pretty close to that pack...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Jimbo

By the time Dewalt matchets Milwaukee's power, Milwaukee will have started measuring their drills in ft lbs. Just hoping for Dewalt users' sake that they fix the transmission switch. Three speeds is a nice feature to boast over Milwaukee...if it worked every time you tried to change gear. I have never had a Milwaukee hang up when trying to switch gears but on the brushless Dewalt I couldn't change down in gear without it hanging up...not once.

The Dewalt was sticky from day 1, to go to 1 from 2 you have to go from 3 all the way down and to go to 2 from one you can barely touch it.

@dwain I hear you dude it's hard to say until we get our hands on it and run them head to head but there is a big difference between 893 and 1200... And I wasn't sure on metabo thanks for clearing that up.

Jimbo

The Metabo is not rated nearly as high the Makita and Gen2 FUEL and yet is definitely on par with them. Specs are not always a true guide.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DCD996 is pretty close to that pack...

Lmao NO way dude

Apprentice carpenter had that same drill today and it struggled to drive a 7/8 self feed bit in low... I was waiting for the magic smoke

12 minutes ago, Renner_construction said:

Dewalts saving grace today is their dedicated fan base from the 90s and early 2000's and a select group of homeowners. That company and its products are nothing today compared to what it used to be.

That and the assembled in the USA sticker on the side.

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Jimbo

Well...then nevermind I guess. The 995 is all the drill I need personally for now, so I guess I wait a few years for them to up their game again. I do think I'll get the updated impact soon though. 

Disappointing they can't even keep up with Hitachi for their Hammer Drill. That's embarrassing. 

Well...then nevermind I guess. The 995 is all the drill I need personally for now, so I guess I wait a few years for them to up their game again. I do think I'll get the updated impact soon though. 

Disappointing they can't even keep up with Hitachi for their Hammer Drill. That's embarrassing. 

It's a shame because I honk they really hit the mark with the 887 impact, that thing is light and powerful and feels really good in the hand, but for guys like me and a lot of us on here living on both sides of the line... Just a bad call on their part, it's like they shoved it out just to because they had to answer to everyone else, should have held on another year and made it better.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

When I received the kit that I returned. I didn't get to "bond" with the tool like Jimbo and put it through the paces, I basically went by the quality and feel of the tool in basic testing tasks...I felt the drill was garbage(for the price) compared to what I have(Brushed Milwaukee hammer drill), BUT the impact was one of the best impacts I've used. I liked it better than the Fuel(haven't tried the gen 2). If you pick up the two, the drill almost feels hollow and it kind of feels cheap. The impact feels like a sold piece of billet, trigger feels better and the motor seems to feel smoother.

Disclaimer: I never asked for exchange so I cannot say if I had a defective drill. It(the brushless drill) was the first Dewalt product that I actually didn't think was comparable to the Milwaukee counterpart.

The thing is it's a great drill, really is and the only thing I don't love about it is the transmission switch, but I dealt with that until gem 2 fuel came in my life and it just can't compete anymore in the big boy category, dewalt shines with their compact drills though, I love the 790 and the 791 looks even better

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk