How?

JoshH8664

How do you put the smoke back in? :mellow:

I was admittingly pushing my 40v string trimmer pretty hard today and i smelt something, looked down and smoke was pouring up out of the motor pretty good.  I let it set and hit the trigger and it would spin up to full power but after a bit...more smoke  

I am really bummed, i only bought it last May.  I guess its time to look up a service center, how does this process work as I have never dealt with this type of thing before.  I purchased it at Lowe's.  

Any help would be appreciated.

-Goat

I have had great luck calling DeWalt warranty department. They have sent me new items on many occasions to replace the item under warranty. I have not had to visit a DeWalt service center yet. I wouldn't trust the yahoo's working the service center to repair my tool correctly anyway.

• Like 2

Too bad about your trimmer.  Hopefully it will be covered.

Last week I ordered a new drill.  While I was at it, I stuck a 20v trimmer in the cart, for my son.  I realize 20v won't compare to 40v, but all of our tools are 20v and I wanted to keep on the same platform.  If I like it, I may order one for myself.

I haven't had fantastic luck with DeWalt's national service. But my local service center is awesome. National service center always starts off by telling me to ship my tool on my dime. My local center gives me no trouble. Took two 12v 1.3 ah batteries last week and they handed me two 2.0ah. without a word. In and out in 10 minutes.

On March 21, 2016 at 4:25 AM, builditguy said:

Too bad about your trimmer.  Hopefully it will be covered.

Last week I ordered a new drill.  While I was at it, I stuck a 20v trimmer in the cart, for my son.  I realize 20v won't compare to 40v, but all of our tools are 20v and I wanted to keep on the same platform.  If I like it, I may order one for myself.

The 20v trimmer is awesome man I've owned mine for about 3 months or so and it does great!

Both came yesterday.  The drill is great.  I didn't even realize the light was moved to just above the battery.  That's much better.

The trimmer looks great.  Super light.  My son tried it out on some grass and was really happy.  We don't really have any weeds, yet, so he couldn't put it to the test.

• 2 months later...

Man, im a little miffed today.  I called dewalt and they had me take my trimmer to Service Center, i didnt get around to that since i was traveling until like 4/26.  I went back two weeks ago to check on things.  Apparently, they didnt send it out until like 2 weeks later. They tell me it hasnt been long enough but she called the factory.  They couldnt really give me any answers but said that they were going to drop ship me a new unit.  TWO WEEKS ago.  Still nothing.  Then i see today that theyre releasing the FlexVolt trimmer.  I am not a pro landscaper by any means, but i had a good sized lot and wanted something that would not give me issues. I know theres lots of products that replaced and upgraded and it should be expected, but after only a year into a new segment? cmon

sorry, just had to vent.

-Goat

• Like 2