18v Hybrid work lights P720

KnarlyCarl

I bought two of these led work lights and am really happy with them. They aren't exactly a heavy duty dropkick proof kind of light with exterior surround protection such as Milwaukee's led work light, but they are half the price, and I'm the only one using them so I can be more careful than if someone else got their hands on them.

I know this may seem shocking coming from a Milwaukee Man, but I like them a lot!

They are bright:

51439143e0c01fdf5981b3a17ff982ad.jpg

Here's two together just because I can:

83cfaa1f242d5c7f2248d3dd5654af6f.jpg

They attach to 2x lumber! That's pot-o'-gold-at-the-end-of-a-rainbow awesome!!! I never knew that about them, but this is my favorite feature with these lights!!

2a53520f954ebe58765c610989abaea0.jpg

This one is on the ceiling, so it can grip the 2x lumber no problem! Look, can any other light do that? I don't think so! Suck it Milwaukee! Lol

890d72db2bd3da3d1c0f9f36530f6f46.jpg

They have a tightening screw on the swivel to keep the head at an angle you put it at, and on a slim pack (28watt hours p107) it lasts about an hour, enough for me to do a service job, or swap out the battery for another. Or if I'm going to be there awhile, just plug it into an extension cord.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Another pic of the light mounted to the underside of a floor joist in a crawlspace. It works amazingly well up off the floor, because the ground seems to "soak up" the light, whereas the light spreads out better being up like this and there wasn't anything in the way such as ductwork. Maybe in certain situations, it would work better setting it on the floor.

20160404_131659

It was the coolest thing in a new house I'm working in, there isn't electricity readily available and I could just slap a battery in the light and carry it around with me because I was all over the place in the basement, in dark corners, and being a new build, there were studs exposed and I could just mount it directly to the 2x lumber and get to work, that right there is the best part about these lights. Not only do they run on either AC or battery, but they mount to 2x lumber, I can't get over how awesome that feature is!

• Like 3

I love the hybrid power idea. That was one of the main reasons I got the Ryobi fan. It's nice being able to just grab an extension cord if you don't have a battery handy. Now thanks to you Knarly I will probably be looking for a couple of these guys!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In honer of Ryobi, I am using green text. Those lights are super slick! I really love them a lot, I wonder how much they cost per light? Trust me, I am a Milwaukee fan as well, but I sence that I am leaning towards the green side, simply because its easier to afford them. Hope Red Vader doesn't kill me lol. [emoji14]

70 bucks

• 4 weeks later...

Well, one of the lights while on AC power decided it doesn't  have to work as long of days as I do. In fact, it decided that one hour was about enough and then take a union break LOL 

The second light works without a hithc, all day long, no problem....

I contacted Ryobi to go about the proper warranty procedures and got a very informative answer from them:

There is a program through Home Depot called Direct Ship. You would need to take the battery, charger and the light to any Home Depot. They will examine the light and file a warranty claim on their store portal. Ryobi will receive the claim electronically and then have a replacement mailed to you. If the store associate has any questions they will need to call Ryobi customer service. The receipt is required for warranty on the light . ***If the store associate has any questions they should contact Ryobi while you are at the store

Best regards,

Tim Beasley 
One World Technologies, Inc.

Well, at least I only have to make one trip to Home Depot, which is pushing an hour's drive from me... Wish it could be like Milwaukee's warranty....

Well, one of the lights while on AC power decided it doesn't  have to work as long of days as I do. In fact, it decided that one hour was about enough and then take a union break LOL 

The second light works without a hithc, all day long, no problem....

I contacted Ryobi to go about the proper warranty procedures and got a very informative answer from them:

There is a program through Home Depot called Direct Ship. You would need to take the battery, charger and the light to any Home Depot. They will examine the light and file a warranty claim on their store portal. Ryobi will receive the claim electronically and then have a replacement mailed to you. If the store associate has any questions they will need to call Ryobi customer service. The receipt is required for warranty on the light . ***If the store associate has any questions they should contact Ryobi while you are at the store

Best regards,

Tim Beasley 

One World Technologies, Inc.

Well, at least I only have to make one trip to Home Depot, which is pushing an hour's drive from me... Wish it could be like Milwaukee's warranty....

So even if the battery and charger don't come with the light you still need to bring it in?

So even if the battery and charger don't come with the light you still need to bring it in?

Lol well fortunately I have all three but im sure if I just took the light that would suffice

3 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Lol well fortunately I have all three but im sure if I just took the light that would suffice

Unless they assume people can't rule out a battery issue lol

• 1 month later...