Has anyone used the dewalt 20 oscillating tool

jswoger1986

I have it. I love that thing and honestly beat the crap out of it I use it on so many projects. I need to get a new sanding head cause mine got lost somewhere. But I would definitely recommend the Dewalt. It's just a matter of if you want to enter a new platform or stay with makita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am leaning towards the dewalt because of the cordless nail gun option I was going to wait until Milwaukee released their but I can't hold off buying the tools I need for work because I'm not sure which platform to go with I think having 2 is a good idea because then I'm not lock into one specifically but I don't want end up needing to carry 4 different chargers or anything like that

M18 somewhat has a quick release but still has a locking pin but if you set it right you can remove it with your hand once quick release is released...if that makes sense.....maybe I will do a review of it.....

• Like 4

What Comp said, m12 has a hex tool only. The m18 has the lever on the back of the tool, if you lift the lever you can unscrew the blade retaining screw with your fingers, no hex tool. I believe both have the adapter that allows you to use every brands' mounting system. Dremel has some great blades so that thing is worth it's weight in gold.

I don't know if the Dewalt includes an adapter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jswoger1986 said:

I need to purchase one. I'm on the makita platform so I could get the bare tool for $120. The dewalt kit seems to come with more but I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money and also the hassle of having another battery line any opinions

I have the DeWalt Kit, and it did come with the adapter to use both open and closed style accessories (open style is the default). From my limited use so far, it has performed excellent. 

I have the DeWalt Kit, and it did come with the adapter to use both open and closed style accessories (open style is the default). From my limited use so far, it has performed excellent. 

Awesome because I just ordered it. My first yellow tool. I got it because it's going to allow me to break into 2 platforms dewalt and makita. I can't really afford to get into the Milwaukee line because although they are supposed to be awesome no one can say they are expensive and I have too many tools I need to buy right now. I nailer is probably next

• Like 1

Awesome because I just ordered it. My first yellow tool. I got it because it's going to allow me to break into 2 platforms dewalt and makita. I can't really afford to get into the Milwaukee line because although they are supposed to be awesome no one can say they are expensive and I have too many tools I need to buy right now. I nailer is probably next

I just so happen to know a guy selling some Dewalt tools [emoji57]

Jimbo

• Like 2

eBay really is a great place to source new tools from. I'm not sure about Dewalt but there are a lot of guys buying and breaking up Milwaukee kits so that lowers the price of bare tools and batteries(I'd only buy batteries if they're stand alone blister packs or from an authorized retailer).

Sweet I'm not sure if I want to get the one with the collated attachment or not. I'm used to my regular dewalt drywall gun and not sure if the upgrade is worth it

Usually that attachment is sold seperate

Jimbo

eBay really is a great place to source new tools from. I'm not sure about Dewalt but there are a lot of guys buying and breaking up Milwaukee kits so that lowers the price of bare tools and batteries(I'd only buy batteries if they're stand alone blister packs or from an authorized retailer).

Most of my tools come from eBay... Just got the 791 from there

Jimbo

So does dewalt now work with the dremel brand at hd or am I still limited

Some of the dremel bits will fit you have to look and see if they have that last little tab on them some do some don't. I have the dewalt 20v and find myself at lowes they carry dewalt bits and Rockwell fit it as well and are usually on sale. I love this tool has so many options it's like one of those knife kits from the infomercials it cuts it slices it dices it sands it hammers lol

ive had the dewalt for some time now, its been used a ton, ive had the chance to use other brands and would not trade it for any of them, i too am in the dewalt 18/20 v line, and into the milwaukee 12v line,

In terms of compact drills and I stress compact Dewalt takes the field with the best drill... Now your big hammer it's hard to take down red

Jimbo

Is there any play in the Dewalt oscillating tool's mechanism? I have read some reviews that said it is not as precise as the Milwaukee.

I have both red and yellow platforms and was wondering which cordless multitool to get. I would think that I would find a variable speed trigger, a pain in the rear, compared to a dial, no?

........ I would think that I would find a variable speed trigger, a pain in the rear, compared to a dial, no?

I would think so too, myself having the m12 with the speed dial and on/off switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk