Cheap tool buys that work out well

BMack37

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's an article I did awhile back. I have every one of these with the exception of the 20 Ton Press and they've all worked out well.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/06/10-best-tools-you-can-buy-at-harbor-freight/

• Like 3

When you’re walking through the isles at HF, you see certain items like hammers and sandpaper and you say to yourself “they can’t possibly screw that up”……but they can. If there’s a way to cheapen an item to the point of complete uselessness, HF probably holds a patent on the process. But amidst the crap that serves no logical purpose whatsoever and the striking tools with the tinsel strength of cheese, there are some real gems to be had.

LOL love it

• Like 2

I have had excellent luck with the Pittsburgh 9pc hex socket set. I believe I paid like $12 for them on sale and I have abused them. I have torqued bolts down to 325ftlbs and not had an issue. Plus I have been know to use them on an impact even though they are not impact sockets and have yet to have one break.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On Garage Journal, also on tap a talk there is a HF pass/fail thread. It has been going for years and there are thousands of posts. The problem with HF is poor quality control. One guy's great find might not work out for the guy who takes his recommendation. Better QC costs money. They would rather refund or exchange the bad ones. Forget about most spare parts. I buy there but after 90 days it is a throw away if I can't fix it. Some stuff is not too bad if you find a work around for some bad design problems. I am having fun with a band file I just bought there but I always expect to see smoke every time I use it. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk