Fuel, or brushed milwaukee m18 circ saw?

mike_dave

7 hours ago, comp56 said:

Dano123, 

i tried the 7 1/4" fuel and I own the 6 1/2" fuel I like the blade on the left I like the lighter weight between the two and didn't notice enough cutting power difference ....I think the M18 6 1/4" fuel is the happy medium between the 3 of them. blade price is cheaper for the larger saw but how many blades are you really going to be buying. I waited until Home Depot had a more you buy the more you save deal and bought some blades, I think it turned out rather well to stock up on blades for everything table saw/miter saw and circular saw........walked out with a wack of diablo that day...lol

That is a good point, I don't expect to buy enough blades to even consider the price difference.  I use my tools in my garage mainly so using a corded saw is not a big deal nor is it a tool I use very often. Since I got the M12 fuel impact and hammer drill I am so impressed I expected the saw to be just as good.  I have a 4.0, a 2.0 and two 1.5 M12 batteries and for the M18 I have two 3.0 and a 5.0.  I feel I have enough batteries in either line to run a saw for a few cuts. Like I said, most of my cuts I use my miter saw or table saw anyway.  I feel like the 6.5" M18 is probably better for me though.  I don't want the saw to feel like a toy and I like the idea of the blade on the left. I have only ever used a sidewinder saw and it always feels awkward to me being right handed.