Snap-On Has it Come to This?

comp56

5 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yes klein dies, I think i posted a picture at one point or another.

but does the klein brown the food.........

30 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:
25 minutes ago, comp56 said:

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

I was Burlington Coat Factory yesterday shopping for a suit for my sons Communion and we came across Jim Beam BBQ gear, pretty cool

I had the Jim Beam set, I think it came in a gift set, with a 1 liter bottle of Jim Beam.  Off Topic, but the Jim Beam BBQ sauce is disgusting! 

-Steven

26 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

I was given a snap on branded multi tool at Christmas. My aunt was so happy snap on tools are now sold at Costco. I didn't have the heart to say it's only good for scrap metal. Cheapest built I've ever seen in a latherman type tool. 

I agree that is why I ask any of my kids or wife to please just get me gift cards instead of any tools.....I would hate for any of them to buy something they think I might like and it is nowhere near any good......or I have three of them already......

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Snap-On has caved in to stockholders demands to sell the name. They have all kinds of cheap snap-on gear now. I remember the tool truck would have stuff like this for Father's Day and Christmas only. 

They still do. They will have pink screw drivers for mothers day. I think it's pretty cool. Its the Louis vuitton of screw drivers. My personal fav

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What it comes down to is marketing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrsalas said:

They still do. They will have pink screw drivers for mothers day. I think it's pretty cool. Its the Louis vuitton of screw drivers. My personal fav

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What it comes down to is marketing.

I love my Snap-On hand tools but I hated seeing "Snap-On" led flood lights and Costco. 

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Like other companies, SnapOn may just license their name to companies making accessories and low end stuff or maybe just has it made for them. Costco is an outlet for stuff like SnapOn gloves and flashlights. None of it is made by Snap On just like some of the stuff in the truck line. They can make a few bucks and apparantly not damage their reputation. I bought a wireless phone battery that said GE. In fine print it said that the xyz company had a license from GE to import these Chinese phone batteries and sell it under their name. Clothing designers often have many licensees using their logo for everything from belts to toilet paper.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk