Firefox web notification pop-up

JMG

Is there any way to get rid of the web push notification pop-up window in Firefox? I can close it, but every time I click on a link, or change pages in the forum, it pops up, with no option in its menu to make it go away permanently.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by pop up.  I am using Chrome and don't use Firefox, so not sure what that is.  Did you go into the notification settings at the top of this page (Click the bell and you will see a link for notifications).  I am not sure if that is what you mean.  If not let me know so I can find a fix for that.  

Browser notifications are not set to "not enabled" under the settings tab Eric. The pop-up window I am referring to is part of the FireFox menu bar. If you install a copy of Firefox for test purposes, you will understand. It is impossible to miss, and has a menu choice of "Receive for this session" or "Not now". Clicking on "Not now" does nothing but close the window for the current page (It then opens for every page viewed). However, clicking on the "receive" button does get rid of it seemingly for good. At least for this browser session.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  I installed Firefox, but not seeing anything you are describing.  I did see on pop up menu next to the to the back button, but I was able to set that to Permission-Block.  I went through a hole bunch of different screens and didn't get a pop up.  Is there a way to take a screen shot?

• 3 weeks later...

When you see the box that pops up, it should give you the option to disable notifications per-the website that's asking you to grant access.  Just tick the arrow next to the button (highlighted in my screenshot below) and select "Always Block Notifications" and you shouldn't be bothered by the site any longer.

I highlighted the button in red.

2t2eXSk.png

-------

cln883b.png

Hope that helps!