Video Ideas

JimboS1ice

Soo in chat tonight i was brought up when i film tomorrow to do a sort or drill fight between the new DCD 791 and 2704... these drills are different classes and the milwaukee is more powerful however I will do a video running both of them through some tests, forgive me I don't remember who asked me to do it... what would you guys like to see with this video between the 2 drills?

• Like 1

i don't tend to like comparisons of different classes very much. Perhaps rather than testing them with the same size bit, test both of their max drilling diameter claims to see if they can do what they claim?

I didn't realize the dewalt was a compact version when I mentioned that in another post, so it's not fair putting them through the same paces.

One thing to test maybe you could see how long a battery lasts drilling holes through wood or even putting them under constant load such as mixing something in a bucket. Also I've noticed with the 2704 is it tends to blow dust around quite violenty from the fan in the back, and in certain positions it hits me in the face and eyes, would the 791 do that as bad? That sort of thing....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Like Knarly Carl said put it under hard load. Pop a couple 1/8 inch holes in some 1/2 inch plate and then jump directly up to a 1/2 inch bit that can be a cheap POS and see how lang you can tolerate the drill before you give up. I was doing the same thing (plus a few bit size steps in between) when I decided to get rid of my compact DeWal. There was too much hot air coming out of the stupid vent that some idiot decided to put blowing on your thumb. It started baking my hand.

5 hours ago, dwain said:

i don't tend to like comparisons of different classes very much. Perhaps rather than testing them with the same size bit, test both of their max drilling diameter claims to see if they can do what they claim?

I agree but this would be a video on request of the crew... so who can turn that down!!!

Great ideas for this! Might be a video for thursday