Kreg Jig R3

JimboS1ice

I'm all about the wood.....thing is depending on what type of wood you are using you will want to use the right type of screw. Hardwoods like oak walnut or hard maple just to name a few you will want a fine threaded screw and for softer woods like pine or cedar you will want to use a course thread.....

• Like 2

I'm all about the wood.....thing is depending on what type of wood you are using you will want to use the right type of screw. Hardwoods like oak walnut or hard maple just to name a few you will want a fine threaded screw and for softer woods like pine or cedar you will want to use a course thread.....

True that as well but I noticed with kreg screws if you overdrive it'll just strip the hole out where if you use a construction screw it'll blow the pocket hole, like you said though depends what you doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

I have 13 dollars in rewards and 2 expire tomorrow... Hmm what to get what to get

Any tool coupons?

SYW should give you free shipping. Lots on good Knipex around $20-25! Some decent test leads for your DMM too. Extech is a pretty good set at $16. Saw one of the Gearwrench geardriver sets pretty cheap too, I think around $25 or $30. There's also all those Ullman(both Ullman and Craftsman branded) hook and pick or pick-up tools that are really reasonably priced.

Kreg screw kit is $25, same price as HD, Lowes and Amazon!

• Like 1

Any tool coupons?

SYW should give you free shipping. Lots on good Knipex around $20-25! Some decent test leads for your DMM too. Extech is a pretty good set at $16. Saw one of the Gearwrench geardriver sets pretty cheap too, I think around $25 or $30. There's also all those Ullman(both Ullman and Craftsman branded) hook and pick or pick-up tools that are really reasonably priced.

Kreg screw kit is $25, same price as HD, Lowes and Amazon!

Ended up grabbing some crafstman sockets to work toward completing my set, that felo wasn't through sears

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

True that as well but I noticed with kreg screws if you overdrive it'll just strip the hole out where if you use a construction screw it'll blow the pocket hole, like you said though depends what you doing.

I have had a few issues using misc screws with PT pine, but mostly the screws will blow out the other piece because they go past the stop that the bit makes.  The blue kote 2.5" screws are too crazy priced so I usually stick with them though.  I know they will work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dano123 said:

The hd screws aren't the cheapest but they are nice quality. 125 for $20

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just got an HD jig too and I got a box of the HD screws on Amazon for $15, with free Prime shipping which isn't bad. I usually use Spax screws for most things so I don't mind paying for a better grade screw. I think I've broken exactly two Spax screw heads off in the probably 2k+ of various sizes I've hammered hard with my Fuel impact drivers at full power, some into concrete too with predrilling as specified. That being said the Kreg HD screws are big and heavy duty and do look like good quality for the price. They seem about 50% thicker than most screws in the same size class and I've had good results with my albeit limited use of them thus far.

• Like 2

That's a good buy for $15, I have prime as well. I bought mine at a nearby hardware store. $60 for the jig and $20 for the screws as far as I remember. They are nice screws, it seems to be a thick coating on them too.

The Kreg Foreman is the way to go! Nothing compares to that!

Those are nice, I just couldn't justify the price for my uses. If I was a pro I would have one...