8 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

@Katomaybe them brushless drills in Australia will make their way across the pond.

I'm waiting...sadly I probably won't be able to buy any, tools have this weird thing attached to them called a "price tag"...go figure

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In the UK Hilti doesn't do an 18 volt drill so it can't be included in an 18 volt test but I agree that the Hilti is a very good drill. 

I visited their factory in Lichtenstein and every single drill is run up and tested to check the current it draws and measure the heat. 

As for Ryobi, It comes out of the same stable as Milwaukee so in the U.K they makes sure it is only sold as a DIY tool. They don;t want any competition for their flagship brand. 

5 minutes ago, Skill Builder said:

In the UK Hilti doesn't do an 18 volt drill so it can't be included in an 18 volt test but I agree that the Hilti is a very good drill. 

I visited their factory in Lichtenstein and every single drill is run up and tested to check the current it draws and measure the heat. 

As for Ryobi, It comes out of the same stable as Milwaukee so in the U.K they makes sure it is only sold as a DIY tool. They don;t want any competition for their flagship brand. 

Hilti doesn't make 18V tools anywhere actually, they just market their 21.6V in the US as 18V.