First few pens finished

DaveJr.

Good evening TIA Crew!

So this week I started turning pens. I wasn't sure what finish I wanted to use but I bought some Mylands friction polish and it seems to be working for me. I have turned 7 pens so far and I'm enjoying every minute of it. They are no where near perfect but for my first pens, I think they look pretty good.I can definitely notice the difference between pen #1 and pen #7. I can thank YouTube for teaching me how to turn a pen.

-Dave

pens.jpg

• Like 11

I'm a fan of wooden pens. When I worked in sales I had a nice custom turned pen, don't know where I ended up losing it, now I only have my Dad's(Originally a Father's day gift from me).

Are you planning on selling them at some point? They look good! I was thinking of doing it at some point myself, think it would be a nice stress reliever to focus my attention on something.

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

I'm a fan of wooden pens. When I worked in sales I had a nice custom turned pen, don't know where I ended up losing it, now I only have my Dad's(Originally a Father's day gift from me).

Are you planning on selling them at some point? They look good! I was thinking of doing it at some point myself, think it would be a nice stress reliever to focus my attention on something.

When I get a little better i'll start selling them. It definitely gets your mind out of the craziness of life. Its a very relaxing hobby.  

• Like 1