Rockler Router Table Storage Build

tugnut1

You'll have to let us know John, how that hook-up worked out for you. By the way, your work on the storage table is over the top!  Thanks for posting. 

Thanks Glasseyi

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Its beautiful, the organization of those shelves, the clean workbench top, the pegboard, it's well lit, the floor looks nicely finished and.... oh yes, router cabinet is looking stellar, too ?

So do you have plans for grounding the dust hoses and fittings for static build up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Its beautiful, the organization of those shelves, the clean workbench top, the pegboard, it's well lit, the floor looks nicely finished and.... oh yes, router cabinet is looking stellar, too ?

So do you have plans for grounding the dust hoses and fittings for static build up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do not have any plans for grounding it yet. I will be looking into this before I get a larger shop dust collection system.

• Like 1

John, this is probably my favorite post that I have had in a while. I'm really interested in where you go with this and what you decide to use for a DC unit next. Are you going to splice into the 4" further up the ,one and are you going to use flex or go with ridged duct work?

• Like 1

On 4/6/2016 at 5:35 PM, tugnut1 said:

I went to Saginaw today to buy some materials to connect my router table setup to my future dust collection setup.  Buying the items for dust collection drives me nuts.  I wish they would make this stuff the same as PVC and make it easy on all of us.

I actually bought three or 4 more parts that I don't need because I changed my design as soon as I got home.  The original plans were to have a 90 degree sweep coming off of the cabinet and then run the dual hookup horizontally.  I didn't like this option because it requires a coupling and with the 90 degree sweep, it hangs out way to far of the back of the cabinet.  After a quick google search, I found one example where they used a short section of 4 inch hose to connect the two pieces.  Of course I didn't buy any 4 inch dust hose while at Woodcraft.  So, I ordered some on Amazon.

Here is what I have so far.

20160406_172221  asdfasdfasdf.jpg20160406_172229 asdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg

cant put into words how awesome that looks tugnut, im amazed at some of the ideas you people have  in this forum.

• Like 2

cant put into words how awesome that looks tugnut, im amazed at some of the ideas you people have  in this forum.

Thank you a ton. That's what forums are all about.....sharing ideas.

• Like 3

John, this is probably my favorite post that I have had in a while. I'm really interested in where you go with this and what you decide to use for a DC unit next. Are you going to splice into the 4" further up the ,one and are you going to use flex or go with ridged duct work?

Wow! That's some serious honor there.

As of now, I plan on getting the 2 HP Jet Cyclone dust collector unit. If someone else comes out with a similar unit, I'll look at it. I've already eliminated the Laguna and Baileigh Industrial units from consideration.

I will have a combination of solid piping and flexible when I start that project. I'll of course be posting progress of the DC system when I dig into it.

Here is the final shots of the router table setup.  I finished the dust collection setup.  

20160408_155557.jpg

For now, I will be reducing the 4 inch to a 2.5" to fit with my shop vac.  As soon as I get a large unit for the shop, I can go straight through to a 4 inch line.

20160408_155536.jpg

The best part, the dust collection system doesn't take up much room and I am able to continue storing the table in the same area.

20160408_155717.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...