I goofed.

khariV

I was trying to do too many things at once today in the kitchen, make lunch for my son, make lunch for myself, clean up the mess I made making dinner last night before my wife gets back in town, you know the drill.

Anyway, in my distracted state, I accidentally knocked a bread bag onto a glowing hot electric burner. You can imagine what happened next, but if you can't, here's a picture.

8d0b87d2683636d3e3685bdc3b2ddb2d.jpg

How the heck do I get this crap off of the burner glass? I don't really want to take a razor blade to it as that would likely damage the coating. I suppose I could just turn the burner back on, but that would fill the house with noxious fumes and would probably not actually result in it being completely clean for some time. The melted plastic is pretty hard and not squishy at all. It is also adhered pretty well to the glass. I tried pulling it off with no success. I thought about going out to buy a heat gun, but I have no idea if that would work. As much as I'd love an excuse to go out to buy a new tool, it actually needs to work.

So, anyone ever pulled a boneheaded maneuver like this and figured out how to get out of it? I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Id use a heat gun and a Bondo applicator. They're soft enough to not damage the cook top yet firm enough to scrape.

Ricky has the right idea you could probably get away with a hair dryer if you have one, and a cheap plastic putty knife.

• Like 1

I used a razor blade on our glass top and never scratched at all. The first time I did it I was very careful and nervous that I was going to scratch it. Never did though, really surprised me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk