Need some advice on the bosch 18v sds

Craigh9916

Hi all just want some feedback on the bosch 18v sds , I have the Bosch 36v compact sds which is great but I don't have the brushless one and mine is knocking on a bit and I'm thinking of selling it on eBay and getting the 18v brushless one as a bare tool the reason being is I have lots of 4ah batteries and the tool is smaller and lighter and has great reviews but also the 18v has the chisel function which would be very handy ! Another plus is I can get around £230 for my 36v and the bare tool 18v with l boxx is around £200 and I can register the tool for the 3 year warranty which my 36v is about 6 years old !

All I want to know is has anyone on here used both drills because they are very close on spec but I want to here from someone that has owned or used both drills and what is there opinion ? This drill will mainly be used for fitting upvc doors and windows which I use a 6 mm hilti bit and drill holes about 100mm deep and sometimes the metal reinforcing takes some getting through and wondered if the 18v is going to be up to the job?

Anyway hope to hear some feedback and I've added photos of both the drills but mine isn't the brushless 36v

dacaf005e9869b4d070a30a7671714e7.jpgd3d733992890c80534d94c3e09b2ca37.jpg

I have the 18v brushless Bosch. It is a great tool. We came from a 36v Dewalt. It does everything we want it to do. The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. I prefer the handle on the Dewalt. Also this 18v doesn't have antivibration on it so long use is a bit more uncomfortable but not bad.

• Like 1

I have the 18v brushless Bosch. It is a great tool. We came from a 36v Dewalt. It does everything we want it to do. The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. I prefer the handle on the Dewalt. Also this 18v doesn't have antivibration on it so long use is a bit more uncomfortable but not bad.

Yeah I did notice it doesn't have the vibration control which my 36v does ! The 18v looks like it packs a punch

• 2 weeks later...