Cheap casters with brakes

Dano123

I am thinking about making a base for my table saw/router table and I want it on casters.  For safety issues I think I need the swivel casters that brake and lock, but I can't find any cheap.  Does anyone have any experience with these and have suggestions on where to find cheap models or an alternative to these?  I was thinking some sort of jack or door stop system could hold it?

• Like 1

Are they full lock? As in the wheel doesn't swivel or turn? Maybe this isn't necessary, just something I read. Rockler has 3" full lock for $44 a pair which is way more than I want to spend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it were me id only put the swivel casters on one side,like Jimbo mentioned. And depending on what load you wanna have on them best not to cheap out on casters.

Just make sure they have decent bearings. I get mine at local hardware store like OSH or Ace.

• Like 1

Currently I threw my table saw on my old miter saw cart and I have wheels going straight out on one side. When I lift the other side the wheels hit and I can move it around similar to a wheel barrow or a grill.  The issue here is the new place I want to put it I need to be able to push it straight in and these wheels are on the side.  To put them on the back will require me to move a board and I thought if I am going to do that much I might as well redo the entire base...  If I make the new base with 2 fixed and 2 swivel casters then the fixed casters will have to run parallel with the blade and I feel like it could move on my during a cut.  Maybe I am way over thinking this and the brakes will hold just fine?