Milwaukee M12 Drain Snake

Mondo1310

Looks nice, but why not an 18V version?

Though I'm more concerned the guy is using a drain snake with no gloves. yuck.

I was surprised it wasn't 18v as well. That's funny you mention the gloves. We had a block in our sewer last summer and the guys came over and snaked the drain, pulled out the snake and wrapped it up and put it in the truck and never once washed their hands or wore gloves. Really shocked me. I offered to let them use our bathroom to wash up and they said they were fine!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kruton said:

I was surprised it wasn't 18v as well. That's funny you mention the gloves. We had a block in our sewer last summer and the guys came over and snaked the drain, pulled out the snake and wrapped it up and put it in the truck and never once washed their hands or wore gloves. Really shocked me. I offered to let them use our bathroom to wash up and they said they were fine!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'll see your drain snaking plumbers, and raise you a septic field cleaning out plumber.  He had to dig out the various valves and nozzles from my septic system that were covered with leaves / dirt.  He used his hands to do it WHILE the pump was on and active.  He actually seemed shocked when he asked me to do it and I passed.  His words were something along the lines of "what's the problem? it's your crap." to which my response was "are you paying me to do this job or am I paying you?"

Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the trades, but septic guys are a little too comfortable being waist deep in crap for my comfort.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, khariV said:

I wonder if they'll sell just the bucket? I really want a snake too, but I'm pretty sure I can't justify $250 for the once every five years that I need to snake a drain pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumor is they are planning on releasing a m18 bucket next year, it will have 600 ft/lbs of torque!

• Like 3

There's something pretty promising in the pictures.  Look at the lip over the drum, where the red shell goes to the black drum, and the lip on the bucket, which is different from every other bucket I can think of.  I think this is designed so the drain snake clips onto the top of the bucket for storage to drain the drum and keep all the nasty stuff inside.  Amazing no one thought of doing that earlier.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:33 AM, jeffmcmillan said:

There's something pretty promising in the pictures.  Look at the lip over the drum, where the red shell goes to the black drum, and the lip on the bucket, which is different from every other bucket I can think of.  I think this is designed so the drain snake clips onto the top of the bucket for storage to drain the drum and keep all the nasty stuff inside.  Amazing no one thought of doing that earlier.

I thought it was more like thread for a twist lid. that way you can seal up all the foul odors when you pack the thing away. Beware opening the lid on the next job though. lol