Hope Home Depot gets some new stock in soon

MikeInCtown

I have $200 store credit to use at HD and just bought the One Key combo kit there. I really want the One Key 1/2" compact impact but it is sold out on line and has been for at least the last couple weeks. It is the one and only impact they sell which is out of stock, so I'm guessing everyone else really wanted one too. Anyway, I sure hope they get more stock in soon. :( Just had to vent a little.

I imagine that the one key impacts will be all hot sellers as you can customize your ratings for given power levels needed. For example I want to figure out how I can get setting one to give me a max of 80 foot pounds, setting 2 to give me 140, then 3 with some random number and 4 with max power. This will make tire rotation a breeze for sure!

I think it will still be a number value of 1-10 because the torque would also be affected by rpm. I think it would be cool o have  couple permathreads fr each one key tool so that as people test out a combination they can report back with results. 

For example, if a 2000 rpmplus a torque value of 6 gives me 100 pounds then it can be noted and shared. If upping the rpm to 2250 and a value of 7 gives me 120 pounds then it could be noted as well. We can all share our results as a baseline.

I think it will still be a number value of 1-10 because the torque would also be affected by rpm. I think it would be cool o have  couple permathreads fr each one key tool so that as people test out a combination they can report back with results. 

For example, if a 2000 rpmplus a torque value of 6 gives me 100 pounds then it can be noted and shared. If upping the rpm to 2250 and a value of 7 gives me 120 pounds then it could be noted as well. We can all share our results as a baseline.

Try a google doc, would be more organized

4 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

We already know you can set torque levels. The question was if you could set the levels like 200 or 150 or whatever vs just a number from 1-10. As I mentioned already the numbers would be affected by rpm. (As shown in your link) wish I had a Skidmore tester to work up accurate numbers. They are local but I'm not paying $500 to rent one.

We already know you can set torque levels. The question was if you could set the levels like 200 or 150 or whatever vs just a number from 1-10. As I mentioned already the numbers would be affected by rpm. (As shown in your link) wish I had a Skidmore tester to work up accurate numbers. They are local but I'm not paying $500 to rent one.

Did you read the link? I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but one of the major points in the article was that you can change torque and speed independently. And the screenshot Milwaukee provided showed a 1-10 torque scale and not a specific number. Does this necessarily also apply to the wrenches and not just the drivers? I don't know, but I was hoping the article would be helpful.

5 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Did you read the link? I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but one of the major points in the article was that you can change torque and speed independently. And the screenshot Milwaukee provided showed a 1-10 torque scale and not a specific number. Does this necessarily also apply to the wrenches and not just the drivers? I don't know, but I was hoping the article would be helpful.

I did read your link, and although you may not be trying to be antagonistic, I really don't think you read my initial couple posts. I already explained before your link that the torque level and rpm could be set, so your link really didn't explain anything new. The original question from Jimbo was if you would be able to set the torque as a number as in foot pounds rather than a 1-10 number. I then said it would still most likely be a 1-10 number because the RPM could also be set independently.

The real question now is what do each of the various combinations get me for torque, which is pretty much a very large possible combination of factors. (not only RPM and torque levels, but how long does the unit impact for before either shutting off, or being stopped by the user)

I think there would be a fair bit of variation between tools, they generally just aren't able to make such precision in power tools(I imagine it would be really ballpark numbers). Plus, you know that people are going to be torquing thing down and using a torque wrench to get a value and posting that...which would not be accurate because it takes more torque to break a bolt than it was originally torqued at. How many people are going to have a Skidmore-Wilhelm to test the thing on?

Yes, having an idea of what the torque will be (numerical value) in the onekey settings will be extremely helpful but its a ballpark like Bmack says, so that's why its simply a 1-10 right now. I imagine Milwaukee could at least provide a chart to reference when setting the 1-10 value. The only thing it could dial in fairly accurately is speed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, tapcon said:

My guess is that each number represents 15ft/lbs of torque being that the max torque is 150lbs.

Actually it is 220 pounds. But since there would be some torque even at level 0 or 1 that equals more than 1/10 of the max rated capacity, i'm not sure what the actual scale will be.

I see a lot of sitting on a stool with my torque wrench and tape and marker in the future so I can see just what the value changes may be.