What tools would you put in a 5 piece cordless setf

PutnamEco

I've been waiting for manufacturers to start offering trade specific sets. Milwaukee has a lot of potential for this with the M12 line. With so many special purpose tools geared toward Plumbers and Electritians it's entirely feasible. Forget drills and drivers. Bundle the specialty tools like the copper tubing cutter, the new clamping tool, the band saw, and the tubing cutter or something. Maybe the PEX flaring tool? There are enough M12 speciality tools to offer a lot of possibilities for kits geared toward Plumbers, Electritians, and HVAC guys. Even if they're 5 or 6 tool kits they would sell if they offer a good value versus buying 1 kit and adding bare tools. I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

I've been waiting for manufacturers to start offering trade specific sets.

I've been waiting for them to offer custom sets, or a progressive discount towards a buy one get the next one cheaper type scheme, with an appropriate size tool bag thrown in for an added incentive.

I still say buying one tool of the range you like to get the charger then adding the bare tools YOU want and buying extra batteries as your wallet will allow works out very cost effective.

I am happy with my metabo stuff but I would like to try Milwaukee fuel Hammer drill driver, Impact driver, recip saw, jig saw, and grinder.

I still say buying one tool of the range you like to get the charger then adding the bare tools YOU want and buying extra batteries as your wallet will allow works out very cost effective.

I am happy with my metabo stuff but I would like to try Milwaukee fuel Hammer drill driver, Impact driver, recip saw, jig saw, and grinder.

Usually if I shop around I can get multi tool sets at about $70 per tool sometime significantly less, buying individual tools they cost around$80-100, so buying a 6 tool set ends up saving me $50-$100. Not figuring in the original tool batteries and and charger extra cost for that first purchase, which here in the states will cost around $225, so that would make a savings of at least $175. Enough to purchase another tool and absorb the cost of the flashlight.

Hmmm....Hammer Drill, Impact Driver, Sawzall, Circular saw, and a Jig Saw. Anything but a damn work light. They're handy but unless you have a slew batteries they aren't much use in most situations.

That is the same set I would build, I feel the same about the flashlight, doubly more so now that most tools come equipped with LED lighting.

On the worklights it would be a different story if they included a real worklight like a Makita florescent worklight (BML184) or Dewalts charger worklight (DC022) combo

Dewalt had a deal for awhile that if you bought certain tools you could get another free or cheap. He ended up getting a free corded Jig saw for buying a table saw and a cordless screwdriver for buying a planer. He also got a circular saw for like $49 for buying something. The strategy worked I guess. He ended up using Dewalt everything and still does to this day.