2X4 Jenga set

Mondo1310

On 4/8/2016 at 9:19 PM, Dano123 said:

I used the premium 2x4x8s so they are way nicer then the studs Lowes sells. $3.53 ea vs $2.17 but they are worth it I think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nice dano, this kind of repetitive work takes alot of patience nicely done. i agree with you on the prem studs, its all i buy, and they are usually fir, which is alot better than the spruce studs

• Like 3

nice dano, this kind of repetitive work takes alot of patience nicely done. i agree with you on the prem studs, its all i buy, and they are usually fir, which is alot better than the spruce studs

They have a pinkish color vs the white studs which I think looks better too. I don't know the species though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mondo, did you get yours sanded yet?  It has been years since I played Jenga, but I remember there was always a few you could tap out really easy and others were much harder to move. On the first set I used 150 grit and my ROS 5" sander, but I noticed I only had one that would slip out easily. I am trying to decide whether this is normal for the 2x4 set considering the weight or if I need to sand the other sets down more.  I have a couple belt sanders I could use or maybe I need to drop down to 80 grit on my 5"?  They look good with the 150 and I was able to round the edges and get all the labeling off of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mondo1310 said:

Unfortunately it was raining all weekend here and wasn't able to sand them. I plan on sanding all sides the help with this. Probably start with the 80 and see how that works out. 

I sanded every side smooth, but I am going to try to do a better job on the next set and see if it makes a difference.We had snow and temps down in the teens over the weekend so I didn't get anything done on Sat or Sun. Gotta love Ohio weather...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...