Walking around Home Depot ?

SevenOddosFence

2 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

They have them in every aisle. I guess they were losing something like 4500 a month to the tweakers.

That is insane! One of the busier HD's has them in electrical, power tool batteries and in the nailers section. The lesser busy stores only have them in the nailer section, in Tampa.

The Walmart across the street from the busier HD has those cameras in pretty much all sections but no audible noise, just a screen and sign.

Stopped at the HD by the ofice for lunch. No camera chimey things anywhere that I noticed. It is in a more well to do suburb.

Anyway, I noticed that the current M12 promotion is ending tomorrow, so more than likely there will be a new M12 promo very soon. they also hada lot of kits (cheaper ones) on display for some sort of spring sale. There were also several displays that had plastic covering them up, so I don't know what was hidden.

The price on the 2897 FUEL (or is it 2798?) Non One-Key kit was back up to $399 from $349, making it far cheaper to get the one key kit then returning the free tool for credit. Like a $70+ difference when you factor in sales tax.

Last, it peeves me off that I can't buy the #2 square drive 2" impact bits in the two pack like the #1 and #3 bits. I have to buy at least a 5 pack at twice the price. >:(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeInCtown said:

Stopped at the HD by the ofice for lunch. No camera chimey things anywhere that I noticed. It is in a more well to do suburb.

Anyway, I noticed that the current M12 promotion is ending tomorrow, so more than likely there will be a new M12 promo very soon. they also hada lot of kits (cheaper ones) on display for some sort of spring sale. There were also several displays that had plastic covering them up, so I don't know what was hidden.

The price on the 2897 FUEL (or is it 2798?) Non One-Key kit was back up to $399 from $349, making it far cheaper to get the one key kit then returning the free tool for credit. Like a $70+ difference when you factor in sales tax.

Last, it peeves me off that I can't buy the #2 square drive 2" impact bits in the two pack like the #1 and #3 bits. I have to buy at least a 5 pack at twice the price. >:(

It's only available in a 5 pack because they know you'll break them often :P

Milwaukee makes a lot of great things but bits are not one of them.

19 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Do your guys home depots have the multiple security cameras per aisle that beep and show you on a screen that's divided with video of the guy watching the monitors every time you pass them. They are really annoying and ensure you know you are being watched?

They have that in the tool section, in my Depot, it is the most annoying thing in the world, I feel like yelling into the camera.... Shut that POS off already! 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2016 at 3:24 PM, SevenOddosFence said:

Do You guys ever feel funny walking around Home Depot like we are doing something wrong ? I feel like i'm always being watched...lol....I had a old lady cashier say to me the other day that she sees me walk in and out of her store multiple times without buying anything and asked why ? I said i'm always looking for tool deals. She then says thats what weekly fliers are for and I explained that when tools get clearanced they dont get put in fliers. They get clearanced and place on a shelf and its 1st come 1st served. Half the times I have to bring it to a HD employess attention that something up on the shelf is a certain price. 

Yeah, don't you love when you walk in the tool section and a beeping starts and the camera's start filming you. Makes me want to leave everytime. I have been asked at HD many times if I need help. I am the type that I don't buy something unless it's on sale and like you say the best deals are not advertized. 

• Like 1

Do your guys home depots have the multiple security cameras per aisle that beep and show you on a screen that's divided with video of the guy watching the monitors every time you pass them. They are really annoying and ensure you know you are being watched?

It's a scam. It's the same image broadcasted to every HD. Wave at him. You can't get A response.

I don't feel weird. I get irritated. When you're just browsing and 30 employees come ask you if you need help. Then when you're actually looking for something or need them to get something down, no one is to be found.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I needed help this weekend ordering some doors but you would have thought it was a damn ghost town. As soon as I walked into the tool section just to browse since I was in the store I was swarmed with potential helpers!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 6:24 PM, SevenOddosFence said:

Do You guys ever feel funny walking around Home Depot like we are doing something wrong ? I feel like i'm always being watched...lol....I had a old lady cashier say to me the other day that she sees me walk in and out of her store multiple times without buying anything and asked why ? I said i'm always looking for tool deals. She then says thats what weekly fliers are for and I explained that when tools get clearanced they dont get put in fliers. They get clearanced and place on a shelf and its 1st come 1st served. Half the times I have to bring it to a HD employess attention that something up on the shelf is a certain price. 

That woman is kinda nosey for her own good. What the heck if your not doing anything wrong who cares what your doing in the store.

On 4/7/2016 at 6:58 PM, RickyMcGrath said:

It's a scam. It's the same image broadcasted to every HD. Wave at him. You can't get A response.

Well flash your penis and see what happens Actually I don't recommend that!! I would be fine with them except for the obnoxious noise that dam whail every few seconds.

• Like 1

funny story, when one of the first home depots opened up in our city my brother and I went there, not a big deal the store was only open for about a week. when we walked thru I got the weirdest stares, in fact a couple that were coming out of a door that said staff only looked at me and instantly turned around and went back in. so after about 10 minutes of this my brother looks at me and says what the hell......turned out without me realizing I was wearing my Tony Stewart Home Depot Nascar jacket.... to them I probably looked like a big boss......lol because the store was so new....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Well flash your penis and see what happens Actually I don't recommend that!! I would be fine with them except for the obnoxious noise that dam whail every few seconds.

WOW!!!!!!

Dont do that!!!!! I hear old hags bite!!!!

funny story, when one of the first home depots opened up in our city my brother and I went there, not a big deal the store was only open for about a week. when we walked thru I got the weirdest stares, in fact a couple that were coming out of a door that said staff only looked at me and instantly turned around and went back in. so after about 10 minutes of this my brother looks at me and says what the hell......turned out without me realizing I was wearing my Tony Stewart Home Depot Nascar jacket.... to them I probably looked like a big boss......lol because the store was so new....

Ha ha that's hilarious comp

• Like 1

On 4/4/2016 at 6:33 PM, 77Ford01 said:

Yes.....but we are "Special". I do not understand why I do what I do. Walking around HD....looking up in the rafters for the secret SKU. All I know is it's fun and I never pay retail for tools. emoji41.png

I'd love to know the secret to the secret SKU!