DeWalt 20V Max cordless miter saw.

DaveJr.

Does anybody have one of these? I am thinking of using this in my woodworking shop so I don't have to run cords to the middle of my shop. I have the standard DeWalt 12" non sliding miter. I rarely cut anything over 6" wide in the shop and the 12" is heavy, loud and overkill for my needs. I would still have the bigger saw if I needed it plus for bringing it on jobs. What does the TIA crew think?

-Dave

• Like 2

I have it as well. It's a very nice saw. I have no complaints what so ever. I've cut aluminum, trim, 2by material, hard, soft. You name it. The light system takes a little getting used to as my 12" slider keeps the light on for ever of you choose. This times out obviously to save battery.

Yes Jimbo is right. I too have the DeWalt 20v miter saw. I know what you mean Dave. I have a 12" ridgid slider that weighs a ton and when it's on its Mobile miter stand weighs even more. My shop has four steps down and I'm a big guy and can handle the weight. Say around 130lbs. Going down not a problem. Going up forget it. That's when I got my only option at the time. RYOBI 7 1/4 18v. Cute little saw. Just a miter. Did what I needed it to do but was lacking the extra size I needed. Then all these companies started releasing cordless miters and it got confusing. Which one to get. Well after seeing Dan almost lop off his thumb on periscope I knew this saw was for me. Then just at the right moment Jimbo came up with the deal and posted it on the forum. The saw with free shipping and no tax! For $219. I had to get it now. Weighs 40lbs and is a breeze to use. For a cordless it's a good saw. I'm sure when Milwaukee releases theirs it will be better have more features. Yada yada yada. What's new. Then I will kick myself. Lol. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Yes Jimbo is right. I too have the DeWalt 20v miter saw. I know what you mean Dave. I have a 12" ridgid slider that weighs a ton and when it's on its Mobile miter stand weighs even more. My shop has four steps down and I'm a big guy and can handle the weight. Say around 130lbs. Going down not a problem. Going up forget it. That's when I got my only option at the time. RYOBI 7 1/4 18v. Cute little saw. Just a miter. Did what I needed it to do but was lacking the extra size I needed. Then all these companies started releasing cordless miters and it got confusing. Which one to get. Well after seeing Dan almost lop off his thumb on periscope I knew this saw was for me. Then just at the right moment Jimbo came up with the deal and posted it on the forum. The saw with free shipping and no tax! For $219. I had to get it now. Weighs 40lbs and is a breeze to use. For a cordless it's a good saw. I'm sure when Milwaukee releases theirs it will be better have more features. Yada yada yada. What's new. Then I will kick myself. Lol. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Milwaukee needs to release the cordless miter saw here in the States, right now it's only available in Europe I believe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have owned mine for nearly 9 months now. I absolutely love it! I use it more than my 12" miter saw now. I actually prefer cutting with it, especially smaller delicate pieces. Battery life is ridiculously good for only running off of one battery. I have never chewed through a 5ah in one days use.

I have modified mine to cut a 2x4 on edge in one pass which is nice as well. I do wish it has some other features the Metabo cordless miter saw has. But this will do for now.

24 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

I have owned mine for nearly 9 months now. I absolutely love it! I use it more than my 12" miter saw now. I actually prefer cutting with it, especially smaller delicate pieces. Battery life is ridiculously good for only running off of one battery. I have never chewed through a 5ah in one days use.

I have modified mine to cut a 2x4 on edge in one pass which is nice as well. I do wish it has some other features the Metabo cordless miter saw has. But this will do for now.

It's out 9 months already. Time goes too quick. I should really own one by now

• Like 2

I love the saw. Plain and simple it's perfect for 90% of what anyone would do with it. 

That said, the biggest point of the saw to me is the XPS light system. The one on my 12" is spectacular. The one on this saw is junk. I don't know if it's just mine or what but it's probably 1/3 as bright as the big boy, it can't be seen outside at all even indirect sunlight which is really disappointing, and renders it useless. It would be a perfect 10/10 otherwise.

Other than that, the saw's performance is on point. Throw a diablo on it and boom. Trim. PT. Metal. PVC. Anything. 

20 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

The XPS light system works because of the shadow cast from the light. Hugh Jass have you run your 780 outside in the bright sunlight? Throw the su in the mix and it lights up where the XPS should be casting a shadow. It is just a thought.

I run the 780 outside all the time and can see it fine, works just as advertised, and I can assure you the sun doesn't get much more intense than it does here (Florida Keys).

If the sun is direct on the piece being cut then the line can't be seen, I just rotate the saw so that it casts it's own slight shadow and back in business. It's so bright that the light is visible with it even in the upright position before I even bring it down for a cut. 

The light on the cordless can't be seen if it were raining outside holding an umbrella. It's an indoors only kind of deal... or I have a defective light. 

As for concerns of power draw, come on man...it's already neutered with the timeout and it's LED. A 5ah battery could probably run that continuously for 24hrs and still cut a dozen 2x4's. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...