Would you pay

regopit

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2016 at 4:54 AM, Glasseyi said:

Yes Jeff, your right. That's why I got the Ryobi airstrike Brad nailer and crown stapler, just need to get the angle finish nailer, But that's $220 for the bare tool. So I'll hold off for a little while to see how much they drop that price. ?

I got my 15ga. finish nailer at the CPO site for $120. It was allegedly used, but I saw no difference; it looked good as new to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheng Liu said:

I got my 15ga. finish nailer at the CPO site for $120. It was allegedly used, but I saw no difference; it looked good as new to me.

Nice fine. I'm sure that it was new. Good luck with it. I will check it out. Thanks. 

On 4/6/2016 at 7:23 AM, regopit said:

I'm starting to see the Fuel 18ga brad nailer for sale on a few online dealers. My question is are you willing to pay $329.00 for a bare tool, $379.00 for a kit or just keep using air.

The next big step for battery operated tools now has to be a huge drop in prices. They have most everything else taken care of . Now it's just a matter of making them affordable for everyone to use. But batteries are the way of the world now. I went to all battery operated tools for outdoor maintaince (EGO) and I can't even give away the old electric ones I have that work great. 

50 minutes ago, nordraw said:

The next big step for battery operated tools now has to be a huge drop in prices. They have most everything else taken care of . Now it's just a matter of making them affordable for everyone to use. But batteries are the way of the world now. I went to all battery operated tools for outdoor maintaince (EGO) and I can't even give away the old electric ones I have that work great. 

I'm not surprised, I feel like corded OPE is slowly going to way of the corded drill.

13 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Corded OPE never seemed that big.  Most of it was underpowered plus you have a cord.

Yeah the only people who had anything corded were those with no front yards and only a tree lawn to cut. Anything more and the corded version took way longer than a gas version to use.

Professionals will still have gas powered everything because they are using them for hours a day. They already carry around gas cans for all their equipment so it makes no sense to go cordless. For the homeowner, a cordless string trimmer or hedge trimmer is gold because you eliminate those 1 gallon cans that will last you a year and go bad.