Good day for some BBQ

MikeInCtown

I live in an apartment building so I can't have anything on my balcony with fire, like a grill. Well technically they also say you can't cook anywhere but the kitchen, but looking at the thing, it's just a small metal box.

The smoker is electric and at the bottom is a sort of fire box. At the bottom of the box is an electric element like they use on the small water heaters. In fact it is the same one they use on the 5-10 gallon heaters. Just above that is a slide in metal box which holds the wood chunks. The element heats up and holds the smoker at temperature and when it does, the wood smolders. It doesn't ever catch on fire though because the airflow is controlled by a small hole in the bottom of the unit. At the top you get the smoke and steam. It is the same principal as a regular smoker except the charcoal or wood is replaced by an electric heating element. It works surprisingly well and imparts some really good flavor, which you wouldn't think as being capable by electric.

The downside is that it really can only cook up to about 270* because of the thermostat on it. They do sell add on controllers, but I'm not spending that $300 right now. I'd really like to be able to cook at 300-325 on it, but the current temps will do. Just takes a whole lot longer.

I was wondering why you couldn't use wood. I thought maybe there was type of city ordinance. However you cooked it, if it tasted half as good as it looks you were living right!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

The only kind of party I go to, is one that involves woman in some form or matter. You can have all the fun you want with the guys, you can stuff your belly so fool of tasty food all you want. But in the end, only boobacious woman can finish off that day ;)

We can always get you a blow up doll! LOL

• Like 3