Teaser pic of new Milwaukee work bench

Bigmikez

14 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yup, seen that floating around on the interwebs, even right at home, too

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2016/04/milwaukee-tools-new-storage-solution/

48-22-8560_4-1000x640.jpg

Been looking around for something like this ..price is good and even beats Craftsman prices for this size cabinet..have to get 

a hold of the dimensions and see if this fits the spot I plan on putting this thing...

I was just planning on building a small work bench on casters so I could roll it out of my garage and work on things. Looks like I may not be building one after all!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rocket1420 said:

I really like that bag.  I wish the top drawer in the 60" was full length.  WTF were they thinking?  The 30" one looks good though if you have space for it.

Pretty sure they were thinking that their core customers don't regularly use tools that are 50" long that they want to store in a drawer.  That plus the fact that I'm quite certain that a single 60" wide drawer would be quite a bit more expensive to build and support and still keep the price of the whole thing reasonable.  I might be wrong, just a though.

4 minutes ago, khariV said:

Pretty sure they were thinking that their core customers don't regularly use tools that are 50" long that they want to store in a drawer.  That plus the fact that I'm quite certain that a single 60" wide drawer would be quite a bit more expensive to build and support and still keep the price of the whole thing reasonable.  I might be wrong, just a though.

You don't need a 60" drawer because of 60" tools (and it would be closer to 54" anyway).  You use one for better tool organization.  Let's say you have socket organizers that are 16" long.  With a 54" drawer, you can place 3 side-by-side-by-side.  With two 25" drawers (maybe 26"), you don't have that option at all.  Now please don't go say "not everyone will use it for sockets," as that was just an example.  It applies to any sort of layout you want to do.  Having two small drawers instead of one long one can waste a TON of space.

These are probably also only 18" deep units.  What are they going to cost?  Close to $1000?  For that kind of money, you can get a much larger Masterforce brand new at Menard's when they're on sale, and you're also getting close to a KRL722 on Craigslist.  Maybe I'm wrong, and they'll be more like $700-$800, which would be closer to the cost of their 46" stack.  I still think you'd have to be a SEVERE fanboy to get one.  Like the kind of guy that paints his car Milwaukee red and gets Milwaukee stickers to put all over it.  Not to say that it'll be a bad unit or anything, just that better options are available (IMO) for the type of money they'll probably be asking.  I'm saying this and I'm a huge fanboy.  Find my post of my wall o' tools.  I've added a couple more since then.

Damn, I want that! Too bad I don't have the room or the money for it :(

The bag also looks damn good. I'll have to take a good, hard look at that. It looks like the first bag I've seen in a while that addresses the problems of my "Snap-On" bag while maintaining the benefits of it.

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

The bag also looks damn good. I'll have to take a good, hard look at that. It looks like the first bag I've seen in a while that addresses the problems of my "Snap-On" bag while maintaining the benefits of it.

I hope they're around $30.  I could really use a couple of them.

• Like 1

You don't need a 60" drawer because of 60" tools (and it would be closer to 54" anyway).  You use one for better tool organization.  Let's say you have socket organizers that are 16" long.  With a 54" drawer, you can place 3 side-by-side-by-side.  With two 25" drawers (maybe 26"), you don't have that option at all.  Now please don't go say "not everyone will use it for sockets," as that was just an example.  It applies to any sort of layout you want to do.  Having two small drawers instead of one long one can waste a TON of space.

These are probably also only 18" deep units.  What are they going to cost?  Close to $1000?  For that kind of money, you can get a much larger Masterforce brand new at Menard's when they're on sale, and you're also getting close to a KRL722 on Craigslist.  Maybe I'm wrong, and they'll be more like $700-$800, which would be closer to the cost of their 46" stack.  I still think you'd have to be a SEVERE fanboy to get one.  Like the kind of guy that paints his car Milwaukee red and gets Milwaukee stickers to put all over it.  Not to say that it'll be a bad unit or anything, just that better options are available (IMO) for the type of money they'll probably be asking.  I'm saying this and I'm a huge fanboy.  Find my post of my wall o' tools.  I've added a couple more since then.

The article said they are going to sell for $599. I think the 18" depth is what would keep me from getting one though.

Might get one and paint it DeWalt Yellow for the 3rd Workshop lol.  I been thinking of getting something like this, after seeing the TIA videos, of the one Dan and Eric stand behind. I need something like this for garage, which is what I call the 3rd workshop. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Also coming out with jobsite Tech Bag, too!

Pretty slick

What is really strange is that they actually had one that worked similar to this in the past, but they must have made it too good. My HVAC tech for the better part of 10 years carried around a regular Milwaukee contractors bag with the shoulder strap. The inside was completely lined with pockets and there were pockets on the outside as well. He never closed the bag, but he literally had 50 pounds of tools in the thing. Used it till one day the strap broke at the corner of the bag. Since then he's been through 2 other Milwaukee bags and a Husky from HD. None of them stand up to the abuse that old Milwaukee bag did.

7 hours ago, kruton said:

I was just planning on building a small work bench on casters so I could roll it out of my garage and work on things. Looks like I may not be building one after all!

Dude! Build it!!!!

• Like 1