Ryobi show-off...

Kato

Most of the Ryobi stuff I have is power tools, so I guess this is where this vid should go. Did a quick run-around to show my Ryobi stuff, and yes I shot it vertical. Oops, sorry...

• Like 10

Great Video! Thanks for letting us see around your shop. I'm curious about your hanging system for the power tools. Have you made a video or described how you hang your tools that way? I really couldn't make out from the video what was going on there. False Batteries screwed to cabinet?

I can go out and make a video on how it's done. Basically it's old NiCad batteries that I strip out the battery cells. I then drill a couple of holes in the shelf and drive some drywall screws through and into the battery shell.

Something tells me you would be the guy to ask which Ryobi 18v tools use the same batteries? Do the older blue tools still work with the 18 one+ batteries? I go to auctions frequently and I would like to pick up tools that work with my step dad's kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Dano123 said:

Something tells me you would be the guy to ask which Ryobi 18v tools use the same batteries? Do the older blue tools still work with the 18 one+ batteries? I go to auctions frequently and I would like to pick up tools that work with my step dad's kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they all can be used with any of the batteries

• Like 1

All batteries work with all tools, new and old...new tools work with older batteries, new batteries work with older tools. Best part is that if you have older "blue" tools, they will definitely run on new Lithium batteries. This is one of Ryobi's biggest draws...that you never have to worry about switching battery platform like all other brands

• Like 5

All batteries work with all tools, new and old...new tools work with older batteries, new batteries work with older tools. Best part is that if you have older "blue" tools, they will definitely run on new Lithium batteries. This is one of Ryobi's biggest draws...that you never have to worry about switching battery platform like all other brands

That's the best thing about ryobis is they didn't change their battery style

• Like 1

I don't think they make the thickness planer anymore. It's still on their site but it's not at HD anymore. They might be making a new one, who knows. Sometimes they are really tight-lipped about product coming out so you never know what's up their sleeves. If you were interested in one I'd head over to HD and see if they had any left in stock, they might, and it's a great planer. I have the Ryobi 1/4 sheet sander, this one is the seoncd one after a recall they had. Always liked using it, and never had any problems. I'd like to have an ROS but for now the 1/4 sheet has done fine for me. I have a Skil belt sander that's crazy good, so if I need to remove a lot of surface quick I use that.

The AirStrike is doing great, just used it last night. Made a little iPhone holder to mount to a tripod

• Like 1

That's a lot of what I used the stapler for, putting new upholstery on our kitchen chairs, on office chairs, etc.. It takes staples and 18g nails, so it does have some versatility...

Edit: Forgot to mention, it runs a lot better with the Lithium batteries versus the NiCads.

32 minutes ago, Kato said:

That's a lot of what I used the stapler for, putting new upholstery on our kitchen chairs, on office chairs, etc.. It takes staples and 18g nails, so it does have some versatility...

Edit: Forgot to mention, it runs a lot better with the Lithium batteries versus the NiCads.

Thanks Kato, I'm thinking about doing a chair build (Morris style) and will end up upholstering it myself. I'd like to use something along those lines as opposed to tacking stuff in.

If you can find that nailer/stapler and have batteries it'll be perfect for stapling upholstery. I'm sure their AirStrike stapler is better but that's gonna be more money. If you only plan to use it randomly then the old "blue" will be a better choice