Ryobi show-off...

Kato

Meh, it's okay, if you're into that sort of thing. It's green for Pete's sake, how nice could it possibly be???

It would be nice to have more depth but it does what I need it to do. If I need more depth I use the press to make the first 2", then switch to the other drill. With the first 2" made I can run the regular drill through without worrying about the hole being out-of-line...I use the press to make a "guide" as it were and then finish with the regular drill. So far it's been perfect

15 minutes ago, Kato said:

Meh, it's okay, if you're into that sort of thing. It's green for Pete's sake, how nice could it possibly be???

It would be nice to have more depth but it does what I need it to do. If I need more depth I use the press to make the first 2", then switch to the other drill. With the first 2" made I can run the regular drill through without worrying about the hole being out-of-line...I use the press to make a "guide" as it were and then finish with the regular drill. So far it's been perfect

Can't complain about mine either! I love it!

Like I've said before, even being the die-hard Ryobi fan that I am, I kinda half-expected that it'd be sub-standard. I was very impressed with it, even after seeing quite a few "bad" reviews on it. The quill isn't sloppy, it drills straight, the action runs smooth...that's all you need. It has a great range of speeds, and I'm not bothered in the least by changing belt positions for speed changes, I've done that with almost ever drill press I've ever used. People bitch about it but I think if you haven't done it you probably haven't had enough experience with a drill press to bother using one.

Electronic variable speed is nice, but then your price goes up.

• Like 2

That sir is an ingenious idea!! I'll have to keep that one in mind.

• Like 1