Hardwood floor refurbish

ClevelandQ

Hello Crew! This is a project I did in my home about a year ago. I had no experience with wood flooring but I wanted to try to refurbish the floors in one of my bedrooms. After completing the project I can say that it was a lot of work and a pretty grueling process. I am by no means an expert now but I wanted to post some pictures of the project so that if anyone is considering taking this type of thing on I can at least offer a little assistance and explain the steps I went through. I am happy with the results especially considering it was my first time doing anything like this but if I were to go back and do it again there are some things I'd do differently and probably could have saved some time and money. So if anyone has any questions let me know. Enjoy!

IMG_7273.jpgIMG_7274.jpgIMG_7275.jpgIMG_7276.jpgIMG_7277.jpgIMG_7278.jpgIMG_7279.jpgIMG_7280.jpgIMG_7281.jpgIMG_7282.jpgIMG_7283.jpgIMG_7284.jpgIMG_7285.jpgIMG_7286.jpgIMG_7287.jpgIMG_7288.jpgIMG_7289.jpgIMG_7290.jpgIMG_7291.jpgIMG_7292.jpgIMG_7293.jpgIMG_7300.jpgIMG_7295.jpgIMG_7294.jpg

• Like 6

I just trimmed a living room with that color stain, it's a beautiful and rich color and I love how that floor came out. Resurfacing wood is a very patient testing process that requires some finesse. Great job!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well THAT did one amazing about face! You basically gave the whole room a complete facelift, not just the floor! I can do things like refinish a floor, install trim, paint the walls, etc.. but to really make a room come together and feel at home and comfy, that's a trick I'll never understand. What colors go with what, curtains, wall hangings etc.... it's something that escapes me entirely. Good thing I married a competent girl in that department. But wow, someone knows how to accessorize a room!! Of course the dog is a cute bonus, thanks so much for showing us all!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Well THAT did one amazing about face! You basically gave the whole room a complete facelift, not just the floor! I can do things like refinish a floor, install trim, paint the walls, etc.. but to really make a room come together and feel at home and comfy, that's a trick I'll never understand. What colors go with what, curtains, wall hangings etc.... it's something that escapes me entirely. Good thing I married a competent girl in that department. But wow, someone knows how to accessorize a room!! Of course the dog is a cute bonus, thanks so much for showing us all!

haha Thanks Carl! Although I have to admit that my girlfriend did all the decorating, chose the colors, and decided what went where, I was just the labor. If I had tried to decorate it would have come out very different lol. I actually promised her I'd finish this room before I started on the next project which is my basement workshop! Now I can dive into that without being bothered, at least for a while..

• Like 2