Milwaukees new chiselzall

Rutter

As i was sitting in the back of a contractors truck i work with, and I was checking out his tools. I pull out his chisels and they may be the worst thing I have ever seen. Its funny the week before he made fun of my sharp cheap chisels.

This is a pic of his "real nice sharp chisels", lol

IMG_0989.jpgNow I know why he did not want me using his chisel

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Cavemans sawzall?

Ironically Caveman's tools are far, far sharper than anything we can make in modern times. Obsidian. In fact a lot of surgeons are using it again for superficial surgeries because of it's superiority to any man made blade, leading to faster healing and minimal scarring even though it's not approved by the FDA for use on humans. It's that good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ironically Caveman's tools are far, far sharper than anything we can make in modern times. Obsidian. In fact a lot of surgeons are using it again for superficial surgeries because of it's superiority to any man made blade, leading to faster healing and minimal scarring even though it's not approved by the FDA for use on humans. It's that good. 

Interesting fact of the day!!! Thats really cool

• Like 1

Yes! Except I didn't know it wasn't approved.... typical beaurocracy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Eeew, get them chisels away from me, they make me want to puke, they are so bad, I can't even look, don't make me! :D

Any real contractor knows that your chisels should be sharp. Whoever owns those should be fired lol

He is self employed. He does a lot very good work. He is one of the biggest contractors in the area. He is also the contractor in the Philadelphia airport. He does well for himself even though he has bad chisels

39 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes! Except I didn't know it wasn't approved.... typical beaurocracy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea. Steel even at it's sharpest grade rips flesh cells like a chainsaw. Obsidian simply slices the cell walls right in half. The closest thing we can produce to even come close is diamond blades, which are like $700 a pop and still have weaker performance. There's no comparison. 

Obs05-Scalpel.jpg

The difference between the finest steel and obsidian is said to be 500x sharper. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you've ever handled Obsidian arrows or whatever, you know how sharp this stuff is...and it's easy to make a sharp tool, basically you hit it with another, harder stone and it flakes off. What's left after a strike is a naturally sharp tool, you can literally take it from there and go skin an animal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

If you've ever handled Obsidian arrows or whatever, you know how sharp this stuff is...and it's easy to make a sharp tool, basically you hit it with another, harder stone and it flakes off. What's left after a strike is a naturally sharp tool, you can literally take it from there and go skin an animal.

Yea I could cut myself with spork, I'd decline to even hold obsidian, probably find some way to slice my jugular open with that crap like a scene out of Reanimator. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Oh, I'm well aware, I have lots of scars from screwing around in the obsidian beds in central Oregon when I was a kid...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BK13 said:

Oh, I'm well aware, I have lots of scars from screwing around in the obsidian beds in central Oregon when I was a kid...

haha, I've never been cut by obsidian but my Dad did bring me two obsidian arrow heads from Mexico(they still make them) when I was in elementary school. I still have them someplace, one seems like it was dulled somehow(but still sharp), the other is like a razor blade. Seems like something fun to mess with...if you're REALLY careful. You really can't put into words how sharp they are, I've seen videos of them chipping pieces and cutting leather like it was soft butter.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rutter said:

As i was sitting in the back of a contractors truck i work with, and I was checking out his tools. I pull out his chisels and they may be the worst thing I have ever seen. Its funny the week before he made fun of my sharp cheap chisels.

This is a pic of his "real nice sharp chisels", lol

IMG_0989.jpgNow I know why he did not want me using his chisel

My eyes my eyes :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...