Need help

chrismccabe484

3 minutes ago, chrismccabe484 said:

So I've been looking around to see what it would take to get a 5 piece combo kit from any brand really but don't know what to get I would like to stick with ridgid and get the gen5x kit but idk any deals under $575 would work thanks crew #tiacrew

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gen5x is probably the best bang for your buck, i don't think you'll get that quality of tools are that price from another brand, fuel combo is double the price.  The tools are all solid, nothing too special but solid performers, my only complaint is the saw has a plastic for the blade guard and is low RPM @ 3400 rpm.

19 minutes ago, chrismccabe484 said:

So I've been looking around to see what it would take to get a 5 piece combo kit from any brand really but don't know what to get I would like to stick with ridgid and get the gen5x kit but idk any deals under $575 would work thanks crew #tiacrew

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just ask Jimbo real nicely he got his for free! LOL :D

• Like 1

Ridgid is a very good deal but they really don't have anything that really wows. If you need more power, you may be better piecing together a kit. Get the new, powerful tools that you need. Tools where you don't need the top of the industry power, get reconditioned, used or new-older models on sale.

• Like 1

You're a bit late for Ridgid.  They didn't sell as well as home depot expected over the holidays so there were some incredible deals a month or two ago.  Brushless drill and brushless circular saw w/ two batteries got down to $129 in some stores, but it's still a pretty good deal now at $199.

The problem is you can only get the recip saw in the big gen5x kit but that kit has the brushed drill, impact, and circular saw.

I'd suggest these depending on your needs

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-Combo-Kit-3-Piece-R9210/206471996

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-with-Free-2-Piece-Bare-Tool-Kit-R9205-R9603SB2/206825143