Smoking a HF Drill

JimboS1ice

What's the specs of that drill? Sure doesn't have the power of a Milwaukee boom drill (big bad D-handle) or a Makita 1/2" beast. I'm pretty sure my lil M12 Fuel non-hammer model could smack that down. Maybe a non-Fuel too for that matter. I've never worried about drilling a little hole like that before.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What's the specs of that drill? Sure doesn't have the power of a Milwaukee boom drill (big bad D-handle) or a Makita 1/2" beast. I'm pretty sure my lil M12 Fuel non-hammer model could smack that down. Maybe a non-Fuel too for that matter. I've never worried about drilling a little hole like that before.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4.2 amps lol 1/2" chuck

6 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I don't think noops was commenting about your Dewalts Mike. I'd be pretty surprised if most of us did NOT own corded drills. I have two; one tiny B&D and a JCPenny hammer drill, obviously both are old and still work well.

Roger that, Now that i re read his post on computer instead of phone i think he was commenting on the HF drill?  my bad.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2016 at 2:28 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I was looking at a 10.5 amp Dewalt I'd imagine it's probably the same thing, been thinking about getting a good cordless drill.

huh? Did you mean corded? I'm going to assume you did, unless you decided to switch topics mid-sentance! Just checking...

It's funny because there isn't a lot of talk on corded drills, and I really don't even know what's available, but they are still a very useful item to have when there is higher demand application. Mine is a Milwaukee magnum drill that has been a real workhorse, but it has a different kind of chuck on it, you hold the chuck and run the drill and it "hammers" it tight onto the bit. What kind of chuck is that called? I can't find any info on it...

• Like 1

huh? Did you mean corded? I'm going to assume you did, unless you decided to switch topics mid-sentance! Just checking...

It's funny because there isn't a lot of talk on corded drills, and I really don't even know what's available, but they are still a very useful item to have when there is higher demand application. Mine is a Milwaukee magnum drill that has been a real workhorse, but it has a different kind of chuck on it, you hold the chuck and run the drill and it "hammers" it tight onto the bit. What kind of chuck is that called? I can't find any info on it...

No I meant corded drill lol dang auto correct and your right all the buzz is always cordless

As I was just saying in the chatroom, when I first joined and made my introduction thread, nobody gave a shit about my corded tools, even though they were Milwaukee, and even though I posted pictures of them. But as soon as I made a post about my 2604 purchase, all the sudden 20 + replies.

Funnier still, is once I got known on here, I reposted about all my corded tools, and now people love them. lol I dont' claim to understand how the human mind works, all I know is, its funny stuff. Corded has every bit a place in this world that cordless does.

There's still times where corded tools are better

I had a B&D corded hammer drill I used for years then I bought a HF hammerdrill last year. I bought a nice Milwaukee Magnum last week at an auction, I tested it but I haven't used it yet. I want to find a rotary hammer, I am just waiting for one at an auction.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I know most people clown HF, but I have had good luck with the tools I have bought there.  I know what to expect and they have held up.  I have a couple grinders(mostly used with cutoff wheels), the 10" Miter (best $90 I ever spent), flux core welder(I have only used it once), the trim router (great tool for $20), recip saw and that hammer drill. I am sure I have others I am forgetting too. I also have quit a few of their air tools that have held up well. I will say their regular cheap air impacts suck, I have a Kobalt that does a decent job.

1 minute ago, Dano123 said:

I know most people clown HF, but I have had good luck with the tools I have bought there.  I know what to expect and they have held up.  I have a couple grinders(mostly used with cutoff wheels), the 10" Miter (best $90 I ever spent), flux core welder(I have only used it once), the trim router (great tool for $20), recip saw and that hammer drill. I am sure I have others I am forgetting too. I also have quit a few of their air tools that have held up well. I will say their regular cheap air impacts suck, I have a Kobalt that does a decent job.

Yea depends what it is some stuff isn't bad... just stay away from drill master lol

• Like 2

You know I think that router is drill master and I have rounded a lot of edges with it and trimmed the back paneling on a few shelves I built. I would say don't expect much out of a drill that usually sells for 9.99 with a coupon...

• Like 1