Milwaukee Gen 2 Impact

JimboS1ice

I sent a PM too, no response. I am probably going to loose out on the deal, actually I predict I will loose out on the deal, but whatever, it will go to the person who most needs it I guess. I don't even own not even 1 of them impact drivers, so I could use one but whatever. lol

You need it the most you dont have one! I could get my hands on a dozen different impacts right now if I needed one, so I dont really need this one, I will pass on this for you to get a chance with it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/16/2016 at 0:15 AM, PROTOOLNUT said:

Ya I told my brother I'd save my money for dental, and I am. But for only a measly 25 dollars, I see no reason why I can't pick that up from Regopit. I can pay him with paypal, and have him send it over to me.

Yea I hear you teeth are overrated anyway.  From what I'm seeing here you and Kruton would like to have this. So I will let you two decide. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, regopit said:

Yea I hear you teeth are overrated anyway.  From what I'm seeing here you and Kruton would like to have this. So I will let you two decide. 

I'll bow out and let Protoolnut snag this one. My old man has an extra charger and battery so I figured for 25 bones I couldn't beat it since I have been wanting a second 18v impact to use. Guess now I'll just have to buy the Metabo I've been drooling over!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Thing is, I've never used an impact driver before so I don't have any experience with them. I guess they are better then a drill for certain things right?

The impacting means it doesn't strip out screws as much and generally drives fasteners better than a drill.  One of the biggest advantages I've noticed is with the right power mode a fastener will pretty much stop moving right when the head lands so you don't have to worry about overdriving or clutch settings like a drill.  There's also no reaction force if it binds up so it won't throw you off a ladder or scaffolding, smash your hand, or twist your wrist.  With the right bits you can even use it as a drill.

• Like 4

The impacting means it doesn't strip out screws as much and generally drives fasteners better than a drill.  One of the biggest advantages I've noticed is with the right power mode a fastener will pretty much stop moving right when the head lands so you don't have to worry about overdriving or clutch settings like a drill.  There's also no reaction force if it binds up so it won't throw you off a ladder or scaffolding, smash your hand, or twist your wrist.  With the right bits you can even use it as a drill.

Yes not twisting an arm or wrist around is huge

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

a clutch system on most drills will give you more options for setting screws, however as mentioned an impact will do close to the same if you get the right feel for it. Also as a rule an impact driver is faster than a drill, and it is on a free floating drive system so ya it won't bind and twist.  

• Like 1

truth be told, I hardly use my drill I use anyone of my impacts probably 90% of the time. unless I'm doing a lot of counter sinking...... nice to have them ready to go with the right bit in each.....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, regopit said:

All I can say is your are getting one hell of a deal $18.00 to ship. Just let me know when you get it and  will paypal you.

crazy how shipping charges so much.......they are going that way anyway...lol

hmm send it to Milwaukee for warranty, tell them something wrong.......and give them the buyer's address for return....lol so when they look at it find nothing wrong...they send it back to well new owner...lol.....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I know that it sounds pretty funny to do at first. But if you really think about it, you and I both know it won't work. Because people have abued warranties before, so Milwaukee will double check the address its going to with the information they ahve on the warranty claim, and they will see a discrempency and choose not to do so.

yes it was a joke...lol

16 minutes ago, regopit said:

All I can say is your are getting one hell of a deal $18.00 to ship. Just let me know when you get it and  will paypal you.

I'm not sure but I think he is referring to one hell of a deal because it was $25 shipped and $18 of it was shipping cost.... 

• Like 2

I know that it sounds pretty funny to do at first. But if you really think about it, you and I both know it won't work. Because people have abued warranties before, so Milwaukee will double check the address its going to with the information they ahve on the warranty claim, and they will see a discrempency and choose not to do so.

Good thing you got them impact rated bits [emoji41]

• Like 2