Tool ideas

Conductor562

An American made circular saw.

I would actually like to see a whole line of premium made in USA power tools, made from some higher tech materials like carbon fiber and titanium. A line that would make Festool, Mafell, and Hilti have to step up their game to try and keep up.

Multi-bay battery chargers, I'm getting kind of tired of having so many chargers strewn about jobsites at just about every available outlet or having to tiptoe through the chargers to get to the generator. Why is Ryobi the only one? How about seeing some innovation again like Dewalt did with their work light charger combo or maybe put a few charging bays on a radio (that doesn't hum when charging). How about doing something like putting enough batteries on a charger to be able to have it work as an inverter as well.

Gasoline powered circular saw. A string trimmer or chainsaw motor on a circular saw chassis. These need to be resurrected They used to make them, the old ones have become collectable so they are priced out of the usable range and there are no repair parts available. A 12" would be nice.

More 36v+ tools, how about a 36v cordless router? I'll take a 36v or even 48v SCMS too, please.

36v florescent (or LED) work area light. it would be nice if it could go 8 hours on a single charge. Would be really cool if they came out with one that could be mounted on a stand as well or maybe come out with one like a wobble light.

36v cordless spot light, 55w at least, equipped with an accessory cord to run off 12v vehicle power supply.

I always end up using my cordless grinder then I can take the bur off so a nut will screw on because every other cutter you can't get the nut to go on the thread.

Would be great to have a compact cutter that could also either leave no bur or remove it all in one go.

So I'm guessing you can't put the nut on before you cut it. I often use a thread file when I run across this.

Have you ever run across one of those Swiftnut drivers? One of those things I just can't see myself parting with my money for sight unseen, but looks interesting, just the same.

All good ideas. Not sure I really see a big market for a gasoline powered circular say. Sound like a demo saw with a side mounted blade.

They were really cool, imagine a cordless saw with more power than your corded circular saw that could cut all day on a gallon of gas. I know I would buy one in a heartbeat and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.

Homelite XL-100

Piston Powered Products Super Saw.

This would have been a great solution back in the day where there was no electric available and battery tools had yet to be introduced or become viable solutions. I can see situations where it would still be useful.

The Homelite was available as a 10" saw, the "small" one was an 8 1/4". How many of todays cordless saws can take on a 4"x 4" easily? No less do it easier than a corded saw and do it all day to boot. Those saws kicked butt.

MORE POWER!!!!!!!!! LOL Love it hahahahaha we all want top grade tools, and I agree that it would be fantastic if someone did make a range of power tools and battery tools built from the no compromise school, and using top grade materials for us tool junki types to drool and aspire to own. :D

So I'm guessing you can't put the nut on before you cut it. I often use a thread file when I run across this.

Have you ever run across one of those Swiftnut drivers? One of those things I just can't see myself parting with my money for sight unseen, but looks interesting, just the same.

I have looked at them but they look a bit plastic and weak as if one good jolt on a bad bit of thread and it would be game over bud.

• 7 months later...